Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! so I was pulling out of the mall after work and I noticed a Honda Civic CRX (Older model) Well the guy started to tap his gas to make a gesture at me. Well when we pulled up to a light I looked over at him and he looked over at me. All I know is that his car had an exhaust system. Well I revved to about 2500 rpm and when the green showed I was off. I blew him from the line and when I shifted to second I was gone.I was probably 8 car lengths ahead of him! We went probably a quarter mile and I was in fourth and then started to slow down then I looked at my rear view and saw that the guy was trying to hit it on me so I decided to test my MX 6(4cyc)and stayed in fourth. He couldn't keep up! I was up to 90mph and saw that he waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy behind. I know that everyone else has a better story, but you have to understand that I hate Hondas and this kill will show that even a MX6 4 banger are in a class of their own from those roaches considered a Honda!

G

·
Nice kill.......I kind of like those CRX's.....I was thinking about buying one.......too bad they only have 108 hp though in the fastest one....... Why do you hate Honda so much? They are just cars...... My Honda will give you a much better run than a CRX.....Do you hate preludes too?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I hate Hondas is b/c they're so many of them (cockroaches under your fridge #s ) & b/c they're just played out. In my honest opinion, no matter what anyone does to supe up they're honda, they still look the same! I'm sure your ride will give me a whole lot better run then the CRX! I really don't mind a Prelude and if I was and I said if I was to buy a Honda I would go w/ the Prelude (only good car Honda manufactured as of today)

G

·
ssaiyan4m where do you live??? i would love to run you in my crx. also im no doubting your story but 8 car lengths?? ANGEL's 6 didnt pull anywhere close to that on me when i had a bad exhaust leak and lots of dead weight in the car. so if you dont live to far away from SOuth Carolina i would love to run you

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not saying that your story is false in anyway, and I must agree with you, that honda's suck. Sorry PreludesRULE, you have a nice car, but for America these days, they are affordable nice cars, so you see them a lot. Kind of like a mustang, you drive to the store a mile away and see 10 going there and 10 on your way back. Any car can be souped up to be fast and look good, Honda's are the pick of the litter. I was asked to vouch for a friend, OneBadRex is telling the truth with his story of a 6 (4 banger) and a first gen. crx, we raced. He kept up with me, but I ultimately reigned victorious. I didn't pull very far ahead of him, maybe 2 car lengths at the most, but hey, every race is different. Nice kill! Keep it up, Honda ego's are big, and they need somebody to show them the light. As for you PreludesRULE, I'm sure yours does, and you'd probably give any 6 a run for its money. ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
ahh jeez crx's??? haha

I must disagree with you that the prelude is the only nice car Honda makes. The s2000 aint too shabby either.

As for the eternal prelude debate. The only real race I ever lost was to a prelude. This was a 5-speed with exhaust, headers and CAI. At the time my car was stock but in its current format, I still think I'd loose. It was a close race though considering I have an automatic.
I think I may be able to take you PreludesRule. It'll be a close race either way though.

Crx's? lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey onebadrex & Angel, I forgot to mention that we raced about two miles down the road being that we raced on Barrett Pkway (road where everyone races on)! Thats how I got about 8 carlengths ahead of the dude. Oh yeah onebadrex, I live in Marietta, GA. So if you happen to be in town let me know and I would love to test my 6.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
allworldkj said:

I must disagree with you that the prelude is the only nice car Honda makes.
Crx's? lol
I disagree with them also. I mean, come on yall, Civics are nice cars, so is the Acura lineup (Honda). Civic, Prelude, Accord, CRV, etc... Those are nice cars.

And to me, the Honda S2000 appears to "just meet numbers" to me. Now I haven't ridden in one, so I can't testify, I mean

240hp @ 8300rpm!!!
153ft/lbs torque @ 7500rpms!!

Man, that don't sound like a super fun car to me. Just my opinion though. I also didn't realize that the Prelude was not available with a V6!! What's up on that? That is a big car! I'd prefer the 2door accord.

G

·
Yeah, my car can give an MX-6 a good run. I am not trying to sound cocky or anything, but my car is faster than an MX-6. I have beaten a few of them, and I have beaten one guy at least 20 times. XTstoneX is his name on here. I am always up for a good race though. If i do get beaten by one, it won't bother me at all. I don't think ALL Honda owners are cocky. I don't think i am too badly :) I live in Chattanooga Tennessee, if anyone ever comes by, let me know....we can give it a run down at the track or something. later.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i'm sorry... the only good car Homda ever made is a Prelude. I mean who actually likes the NSX. They suck don't they. Only 290 hp at 7100 rpm and 224lb-ft of torque at 5500 rpm all at only 3100lbs. Go to Acura website to verify. I hate those! They are so slow! Who would ever drive one of those! HAHAHA!!! LOL!!!

(for those of you who don't get the sarcasm please do not respond and that also goes for those who think Acura is not a Honda product either)

By the way nice kill! I hate the CRX. Preludes are alright just overpriced in my opinion and ugly.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh man how could I ever forget about the NSX! Start over, the only good cars Honda ever made is the prelude and the bad ass NSX!!! s2000 are okay but I just dont like how it looks! Thanks aggiedj02 for making me remember bout the NSX!! Those NSX are f*cking awesome even though the average person cant afford one of those.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
S2000

240HP and still not in the 14 second club... thats weak.

i get a kick out of guys with windsheild banners that say powered by acura...LOL

Oh really? i didnt know acura made engines...

G

·
Fourth Gear

O.K. You know. Nice story buddy. I hate hondas. I love eating civics for breakfast. But it's not much to show off about. And when you tell a story, try to keep ALL of the facts straight. For example, on a four banger you went 90 in fourth gear. YEAH RIGHT... then i went 120 on fourth in my 6-cyl. My redline for fourth is 80. Stop BSing. Nice story but keep it real. Peace.

I have a 1994 LS 5-spd. Soon to have: Bosal headers and cat-back Exhaust. Autophysics intake system with K & N filter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hondas are fun to race because you almost always win. I have several honda kills.
95 green ls 5 speed

·
Registered
53 Posts
well actually when i had my 89 mx6, my fifth gear was ****ed up and i couldnt drive in fifth so i was always doing 80 and 90 in fourth gear

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, I'm not trying to start any arguments of any sort but I'm not BSing at all! My car can go around 80 to 90 in fourth gear and yes it does come close to redlining but it does get up there!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, I'm not trying to start any arguments of any sort but I'm not BSing at all! My car can go around 80 to 90 in fourth gear and yes it does come close to redlining but it does get up there!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I remember a while back watching a video I got off the web of a guy in a 6 racing a integra type-r and he was pushing 110 in fourth(at 7500rpm) so it's definately possible he did 90 in fourth... unless the gear ratio is different on the v6 from the I4(not sure)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
no, ive hit 95 in 4th...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts