Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my turbo sticker and my GT stickers from my first generation MX-6 GT. The result: Street sleeper. Some punk in a blue 1999 base Mustang came up on me on the thruway. At 65MPH I shifted from 5th to 3rd, then to forth with my accelerator not even to the floor. I matched his speed, and as he tried to take me, I matched him again. He couldn't pull away to save his life. I floored it and walked away from his bitchin' ride and basically embarassed the hell out of him (his girlfriend was in the car). Just another punk.

[Edited by SVampa on 05-04-2001 at 09:49 AM]

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm thinking about debadging the GTP so nobody knows what is is... or I could put a Grand Prix GT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet kill!! I thinkde-badging your GTP would be pretty phat or like u said even putting the GP GT badge on it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I thought about taking the TURBO sticker off, but I like the look of the GT, I even thought about getting GT sticker made with different fonts or something.

Good kill, I've never raced a Mustang from 65 on up, was it the V6, or the V8?

I've beat one V8, hung with a few others, but from stop light to stop light. Still is hard for me to believe that this MX6 GT (which is slower than my other one was--even my GIRLFRIEND notices) beat one.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think de-badging is like the opposite of ricing. Instead of acting like you have all this racing stuff.. act liek you have nothing then blow their doors off... I will probably debadge the GTP next week. I heard that you can sell the badges!!! GM charges like $48 for one!!! I could make 40 bucks off some stupid ricer that wants a Mugen Honda Civic Si Type R GTP Supercharged!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
shit man, i hope you have LOTS of mods, cuz the new mustang gt's run a 14.1 1/4 mile time, versus a 15.8 for the 1st gen mx-6 gt. and for you not to even have the pedal all the way down, you must have a low 13 second car.....what do you have for mods?

·
Registered
416 Posts
WHOOPS

my bad, didnt see BASE mustang....easily doable then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I got no mods. I'm pretty sure it was a 6.

I've got no mods yet. I'm looking to lower it, add an intake, then maybe after an exaust and cranking the boost a bit, I'll start with some Vinyl grafix. I'm far more concerned about performance than I am looks.

The putang must have been a six. As much as I dislike (In general, anyway) American sports cars, (the probe doesn't count, I consider it Japanese... :p) the 8's are definately quick. I don't feel like I could've smoked an eight with no mods...

·
Registered
734 Posts
The new 8's don't look much different than the older 8's, but they are quite a bit quicker... You could maybe take an older 5.0... but the 2002 GT 4.6's are waaaaay faster

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Yep, I got no mods. I'm pretty sure it was a 6.

SVampa said:

The putang must have been a six. As much as I dislike (In general, anyway) American sports cars, (the probe doesn't count, I consider it Japanese... :p) the 8's are definately quick. I don't feel like I could've smoked an eight with no mods...
Whats wrong with American Sports cars?
Well, then again, I guess the Tour is not considered a sports car :D
Good kill though, but light to light I think you might have had a chance too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
87-94(what ever the last year of the 5.0) an auto 'stang does 0-60 in about 8 sec. A 5-speed does 0-60 in about 7.2 sec. There is a huge difference in 5 speed vs. auto in stock 5.0 mustangs. Stock to stock, I think a 5.0 5-speed is only a hair quicker than a 5-speed mx6 gt. BTW the 87-93 LX 5.0 5 speed's were the quickest (& lightest) non-cobra 5.0's.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The new GT's are faster than that... Ive geard of some getting quicker that 6 sec 0-60...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The new GT's are faster. I was only talking about the Mustangs with the actual 5.0 V8 not the ones with the modular 4.6 V8's.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
ive seen 14.7 for the 99+ 4.6 in 3 differesnt magazines...

who had them doing a 14.1?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts