Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my best freind's dad has a 94 dodge stealth that he is always bragging about. i own a 93 black mx6 ls with the 2.5 liter. well he got to drive it to school the other day because it was homecoming. after the homecoming parade we met up at the light and he revved at me. i revved back and when the light turned red, i smoked him off the line. he got back up to about a half a car length behind me but never caught up, and i kept getting more and more space between me and him. needles to say, i shut him up REALLY quick!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all i know about his stealth is that it was the R/T, or atleast that is what it says on the bumper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow

if that was an R/T you guys do some crazy stuff to your cars. i thought those were the 4wd turboed models. all i have to say is if that's true, way to go.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i talked to the guy who had the stealth and it is the R/T. i honestly didnt' know if i could beat him, but it was a close race, i just came out on top in the end, (we slowed down at 70)

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Stealth R/T is analogous to the base model 3000GT, I believe. For the goodies you'd have to get the R/T Turbo. Depending on the power to weight ratio, it sounds like a win wouldn't be out of the question at all.

[Edited by Apollo-Soyuz 1975 on 10-11-2000 at 03:43 PM]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have done no mods to my car what-so-ever. or atleast to the engine that is. all i know is that i lined up with his dad's stealth R/T and smoked him by like 1 car length. he was right with me off the start, but i just kept getting a little bit of an edge on him as the race went on. and they are both automatics, so it's not a question of whether we know how to drive the car because we both had the pedal to the floor the whole time. i just beat him.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Is it possible he is a "ricer"?

Are you sure it is an R/T?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't have any fancy explanation about beating him. all i can say is that my stock 93 mx6 v6 beat his 94 stock stealth R/T. That is all there is to it. i didn't beat him by a whole lot, but i still won.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i remember seeing the specs for the r/t twin turbo awd and 0-60 times are in the low 5's. its either this guy is a really bad driver or the r/t is true ricer. but still, if you say you beat him, that's awesome!

·
Registered
179 Posts
about the R/T. My wife owns a 92 Stealth R/T manual tranny and i own a 95 Mx6 LS 2.5L manual. We race all the time. I can beat her everytime and she's a good driver. All R/T models are not AWD TT. Hers only has 222bhp @6000rpm being a 92' The R/T TT has 300bhp @ 6000rpm being a 91'-93'. the 94's have 320bhp. Its still quick but it weighs too much.

G

·
The R/T and the R/T Turbo are two completely different animals. One has 300hp, the other has 220 hp. You raced a n/a R/T and won, as you should have. Case closed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Re: thanks for the clear up

well i'm the wife to streezz he said he smoked my 92 stealth RT yes this is true but since it is a manual that's when it depends on the driver....guess how often i race.....hardly ever. AND he doesn't beat me all the time we have only raced like maybe 2 times and that's not from a complete stop. Anyway just had to clear up a few things!! later guys Pokey

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THANK YOU!

willmx6....THANK YOU! no one would beleive me on here that i won. i kept trying to tell them that i did and everyone would still not beleive me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
np

lol np man just wait till i get good at racing then i will whoop his butt. his mx6 is in my dad's garage..in pieces w/his trani on the floor!! so might be a while b4 i kick his but but i will! later Pokey

·
Registered
179 Posts
I need to stop telling my wife everything, she comes on here and starts talking shit in front of all the guys and makes me look stupid. I won't say anything about her getting beat by a CIVIC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts