Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-1997-MAZDA-MX6-MX-6-TAIL-LIGHTS-SMOKE-1994-1995-96_W0QQitemZ140266920830QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140266920830&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

yay or nay? i know some people will say go for the M edition tails but i dont really like them to much...i have to do something because my current taillights fog up now, i drilled 2 small (very small) holes at the bottom of them to let the water go, but i about got pulled the other day for them, equipment malfunction or whatever...since my car and rims is black i was thinking it was a good idea.

quick update since its been a while posting:

a piece of my sway bar broke, also some joint and the axle, so costed me 230.85, i hear this tone sometimes when i hit the brakes, coming from the back, i have NO idea what it is, still havent decided on especs or halos with GTS covers (again with the black scheme), cause im scared since they require cutting, i wont be able to fit them since i have a bent frame. My sunroof starts to close earlier than its suppose to, so i have to pull it to shut since the motor is weak. door panel clips needed, if i can get a little help on where to find those. gas in my town has went up a ful .40 since Hurricane Ike, and im slowly getting money for the car, but im still sticking to my plans for it

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Those are the same taillights i have and i love them, no problems with moisture and ive had them for about 3 years. Id say get e-specs and the door clips are on ebay for ike 2 bucks, just browse through the search "mazda mx6" that will bring up about 22 pages worth of crap you can look at.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Hmmm...'smoked,' that's the first time I'm seeing that. Very cool, I would consider getting them if I didn't have my 'carbon' pattered altezzas. :D

I like the look of these ones better, a little darker than the original link:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im getting them in 2 pay checks!

it rained yesterday down here and my taillight was fogged up again, and my brother was driving behind me, and said if it wasnt for the other taillight he wouldnt have known if i was braking or not. and since i already paid for the axle and stuff i have more free money sooo, ill post pics when i buy them and put them on

·
Registered
130 Posts
I recently installed these on my 6... I think they look better than stockies.

Although I also think a cars paint colour can affect wether they`ll look good or bad. I recently saw an orange mx6 with a shogun kit and these tails and it did not look very good. Darker colored 6`s will look good with these IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts

They look better in person, pics don't do them any justice. I took me a while to get used to the different look but now am 100% sure that they look better than the stock tails.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
those will look sick on my car, its black...im glad someone got pics up, now im 100% positive im getting these....think this will be a new fad for 6's? out of all of the aftermarket taillights i think these look the best

·
Registered
789 Posts
I actually like them...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I like the smoked one too.

So sad they didn't include an orange light for european customers. :-(
You can always just use an orange bulb, as the orange colour will come through just fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i actually ever thought that the orange would show thru the red, i might try that myself cause i like orange a little more than the red

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
No, it doesn't.
A GREEN bulb will appear more or less orange through a red lens. Or orange LED's. But orange bulb will appear red.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
No, it doesn't.
A GREEN bulb will appear more or less orange through a red lens. Or orange LED's. But orange bulb will appear red.
The only one that has a lense covering the bulb is the centre light, which I believe is the brake light.

The turning signal and the running rear light (and reverse) are fully visible. There is reflective lens behind it, but if you have an orange bulb, the bulb itself is fully visible.

See here:
http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/195249-my-first-photoshoot-no-56k-ppl-3.html#post1880978

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I admit that I haven't actually held these altezzas in my hand but from the pictures I can see there is red plastic covering all lights except reverse light. That's what I meant by 'lens'. You're talking about the reflector part in the middle of brake light 'lens'.

Anyway, in my experience with other lights this red plastic would block bulb's orange color and make the turn signal blink red. If you're right and I'm wrong, please show me a video or gif of the orange altezza blinker in action.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
LoL, I really don't care enough to put in the effort :shrug:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts