Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago my GF and I were on the way to the SCCA Regional at Road Atlanta. On the way I smoked this guy in an Acura Legend...twice he was so dumb.

We're in no big hurry to get there or anything, so I just set the cruise for 70 and roll along. Well, along comes this jerk in an Acura Integra who passes me on the left, then proceeds to merge in front of me, jam the brakes and slow down to like 55 or so. Well, I move to the left lane and get back around him...the whole time still on cruise at 70. Well, he does it again only this time I catch him before he can merge back in front of me. We think...what a jerk. Off goes the cruise, I drop down to 4th and maintain the same speed, decided I would "toy" with him a bit. I punch it real quick and immediately nudge forward. I hear him punch it real hard (his car downshifted) and he tried to take off. Off I go in 4th and it's on. I quickly and easily run through the gears, suck the doors off his car, and continue on up to around 110 mph. By this point, he's a dot in the rear-view. Then I back off and set my cruise again at about 80 this time.

Well, wouldn't you know, this same jerk does the same pass maneuver again....jammed on brakes in front of me and everything. So, its really on now, back down to 4th. I jump to the left lane and I see him punch it again (black smoke from his exhaust). Once again, I suck the doors right off his Acura and leave him in the dust.

He passed me again a few miles later and fortunately just kept on going. Not sure what's in those Acura Legends (probably mid-90's model) but they're pretty slow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
legend..

cool man.. those acura legends are actually decent.. my friend has one.. we sort of race.. but i dunno if it was foe reelz.. i thought it picks up speed pretty fast.. it is a V6 too, isnt it? so yea... good job dude..

·
Registered
44 Posts
DONT F. WITH CADS!

yea man those acura's are pretty dope, fast and luxurious, but i have to say they are no CADILLAC'S. My one friend's grandpap has a 99 Eldorado, and HOLY SHIT!! That is one fast mo fo dude!! He just gave it a nudge at a stop light and the tires started spinning, then he gave it a run down a straightaway and in no time that NorthStar was kicking us back at a good 120mph in like no time it seemed like... those babies can go almost 145 if not more and that StabiliTrak is sports-car handling caliber...go GM i say!!! SO when is MAZDA gonna make a luxo division...I have a friend with a 95 V6 Probe and he got smoked by this very same CAD one time by the way

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gc95mx6 said:
Not sure what's in those Acura Legends (probably mid-90's model) but they're pretty slow.
I had a '90 2-dr Legend LS until I got my MX-6. It was a nice, very smooth car, but not a screamer. The late 80s/early 90s had a 2.7L V6 w/160HP. However, the things are HEAVY (my 2door LS weighed just over 3300 pounds). A 3.0L was offered around '91 or '92 and was quicker, but still not a powerhouse.

·
Registered
379 Posts
mazda4president said:
He just gave it a nudge at a stop light and the tires started spinning, then he gave it a run down a straightaway and in no time that NorthStar was kicking us back at a good 120mph in like no time it seemed like... those babies can go almost 145 if not more and that StabiliTrak is sports-car handling caliber...
I take it your grandpa has an Eldo Touring Coupe. Northstar comes in 2 flavors; the milder version has 270 hp and 300 ft.-lbs. torque, while the top version has 300 hp and 295 ft.-lbs. torque. Either way, they make for a faaaaaaast machine, although I've heard reports of torque-steer (when is GM ever going to switch back to rear wheel drive? :()
So when is MAZDA gonna make a luxo division...I have a friend with a 95 V6 Probe and he got smoked by this very same CAD one time by the way [/B]
Actually, the Millenia was originally intended to be part of Mazda's luxury division, Amati, but those plans were scuttled and the Millenia replaced the 929 instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: DONT F. WITH CADS!

mazda4president said:
in no time that NorthStar was kicking us back at a good 120mph in like no time it seemed like... those babies can go almost 145 if not more and that StabiliTrak is sports-car handling caliber...go GM i say!!!
Yeah, I knew a rich guy in North Carolina who bought his wife an STS DeVille a few years ago (I think it was a '95) and he had it to 160mph on SR85. He'd had Mercedes, BMW's and other fast luxury cars, but he couldn't believe the Caddy's power. He said he figured he'd take it up to about 120, but before he knew it, it was topped out at 160!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes I'm well aware now of the absolute sheer force of the CAD...i was damn impressive.. thing handles like a champ too...AND UR CORRECT.. the car does have 275 hp and 300 lb. ft of torque

1 - 8 of 8 Posts