Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the rear exhaust box replaced with a mazda original replacement,fitted including gasket labour etc at a mazda service garage........£124...= £89 +vat for the box this was cheaper than any after market...I know everyone will be saying , should of had a loud made up jobber ......but being the oldest member and the most grumpy and can't stand loads of noise over a long period besides I havd to consider others....had to go for the quiet one....The bloke at the garage said that Mazda have cut prices for many spares for older cars in order to try and get back custom...It may be worth checking with them first....

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
The originals are better quality than aftermarket items... unless of course they are the stainless steel ones..

John

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
aftermarket boxes

I had a Timax item delivered by post for less than that. I fitted it myself but it does not fit properly and is much noisier than the (presumably) Mazda original. The welding was lousy.

ifc

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nicely said pro-kart

I agree completely

<rant>...but being the oldest member and the most grumpy and can't stand loads of noise over a long period...

Er not about the oldest bit but the noise. I live on what could be a nice quiet country road apart from people using it as a "Can I break the land speed record". I can live with that bit, although some tosser did kill the cat:cry: But when these "loud made up jobbers" go past it gets on my t*ts.

Worst still when it's some moron :freak: in some nasty, underpowered, peice of... and it takes them forever to change up, bloody hell it makes you want to run after them and push </rant over>

Ahhh that's better!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now your talking....... and what about the thump thump thump of those speakers playing some rap rubbish droneing on and on.....and what about your nasty saxo/106 driving a foot from your bumper.... chavs on wheels

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I still long for the day I see an old granny in a moggy 1000 playin' the sound of music on a 1000W stereo at full blast :E

Even go as far as wearing a baseball cap backwards as well....

John

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hey we a lady wher ei work and she is 64........ she cant stand sunday drivers, gets arrsy when people drive too slow and even her college age grandson says she drives too fast! Add to that a supurb bit of over taking by her the other day ( i was behind her!) She is how all old people show be. Go margret go!!!!!
i have applied to Top gear to get her on the track..... unless as i suspect she is already on the program, could she be the Stig?!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts