Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damnit, I had to change to my snow tires this morning. Went to sleep last night with no snow in sight and then this morning woke up to the first snow of the year. I guess it wasn't a ton of snow or anything, but enough for the sports tires to be absolutely useless. Oh well, I guess we should be thankful the snow held off this long...

P.S. One positive from the whole experience however was that in changing to the snow tires, I realised that one of my mags was bent. As soon as I changed the wheels, the vibration I felt around 110-120 was gone. So I was going to get new mags next year anyways, and this is just one more reason to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
NOT GOOD

that sucks so much. It was the same for me i woke up in the morning and was stunned to see snow. It is so bad. I still have my rims on and have to put my winters on as soon as possible

·
Registered
175 Posts
You're Looking At It Wrong,

No No, don't frown on snow! It's SUPER FUN! Just take the car to a parking lot or something and just let it go! Here in Winnipeg, Everything is ICE and were in a major blizzard. We expecting 10 more inches of snow (yeah FLOOD THIS SPRING)
and i love driving in it! Just look at it as...a snow car rally! Have Fun!

Little Bastard,

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I love sliding around corners and stuff...it's cool! Rally MX6 baby! =)

G

·
Cheer up

I don't care for winter tires cuz my tires are pretty wide already and have good traction, plus it's more fun with the snow. And I agree with these guys, in Winnipeg we get alot of snow and it's fun sliding when you do turns, and it's definitely fun when you go to an empty parking lot and just spin around (advantage over southern US people) cuz we have front wheel drive and you can't do no spins without something slippery.

G

·
Snow can be sooo much fun. I live an hour south of Winnipeg and we get tons out here. Having that back end swing out nicely around a corner without even having to try can be such an adrenaline rush, and not to mention tons of fun. I also love the way the headlights and fog lamps look together in a snow storm.

·
Registered
763 Posts
urghhh snoww...

i'm freezing, my locks freeze, my paint job is getting ruined, i have to shovel to get out of my driveway, the damn snowplow guy keeps plowing snow back on my driveway, my defogger sucks, my metal shift knob is frozen, anything else...

·
Registered
441 Posts
HPN_mx6

I don't care for winter tires cuz my tires are pretty wide already and have good traction, plus it's more fun with the snow. And I agree with these guys, in Winnipeg we get alot of snow and it's fun sliding when you do turns, and it's definitely fun when you go to an empty parking lot and just spin around (advantage over southern US people) cuz we have front wheel drive and you can't do no spins without something slippery.
To be honest man wider tires are worse for winter it creates a sled effect. If you put skinnier tires on in winter they cut thro the snow and you get BETTER traction...

[Edited by Guido on 01-21-2001 at 04:32 AM]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts