Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
there is this kid at my friends work who is talking shit about my car because i told him it has like 180 to the wheels, my 1st gen GT. He told my friend who he works with that he beat a stage 1 srt 4 neon and was really proud. I just laughed because my friend who i raced (my 1st gen vs second gen video) be a stage 1 neon by a few a cars. So im pretty sure i could hang with this wrx.

He also claims that he has 280 to the crank with a 3" turbo back exhaust and a reflashed stage 2 computer. Thats fine and dandy i suppose but he claims if he has 280 to the crank, that he has almost 280 to the wheels. i just laughed at him, because he has no idea what drivetrain loss is. I think im gonna run him doing a 30 roll on the highway and show him what my 800 dollar car can do. I have a feeling this kid doesnt know shit about cars and should be driving a honda instead of a wrx.

Once i get my boost problem fixed (believe its just a loose vacuum nipple on the wastegate....JB weld??), ill run 16 psi and we will see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
umm u have time to race and not take parts off a car? hmm interesting, jk :p

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
umm u have time to race and not take parts off a car? hmm interesting, jk :p

haha idk if this will happen or when but i want it too. You have a PM.;)

Just by judging by the circumstances i think ill win or it will be damn close.

and obviously if this happens it will be a 30 roll or something on the highway with NO traffic around. Im not the type of person that does all that weaving in and out of traffic B.S.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Don't waste your gas. You are talking about racing a Modified WRX. Nevermind the Driver. Unfortunately, In every aspect except intelligence, He has the upper hand. I'm not saying that your car isn't good, Just stating if he really has 280 crank hp. It would take a miracle for you to beat him.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I think you'll get your ass handed to you. A Stage 2 flash with upgraded exhaust on a WRX will net you over 260awhp depending on how new/old it is. The older models (bug eyes or peanuts), more in the 230ish range. Newer models, 260+ range.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
^ Agreed with Zach. The Wrx for now has the upper hand. You can't win em all.
Let him run off at the mouth. Eventually there will be someone he can not beat.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
^Agreed with zach and demon. My friend has a stock wrx no add ons and he pretty much spanked me like a kid at k-mart :(. But then again, I knew the outcome I just did it for fun to see how much work I have to put in my car :) :tup:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
but he only beat a stage 1 srt-4 neon by 1 car or so:confused:........My 1st gen should be able to take a stage 1 neon since my friend with the all motor KL, that i raced, beat it by a couple cars. Ill have my stock bypass back in and it makes a world of a difference compared to having a BOV in these cars. Thats whats keepin my hope alive.

A stage 1 neon only has a lousy like 230 to the crank and he barely beat it.........AND i saw a video on youtube of a close race between a stage 1 and stage 2 wrx . Also i have seen some 2nd and third gear pulls on you tube. They really dont look that impressive.

I think ill do it anyway. Theres no way he will kill me. If i even keep up within a couple cars he should be ashamed.

and what car did you race this stock wrx with? If you say a 2nd gen ls then no wonder why. My first gen is putting more hp and and WAY more tq to the wheels than you are (no offense, just stating a point.)

yes and zach its an 02......so its more like 230 ish. Dont forget they arent light cars either. My cars like 350 lbs less or so. I still think it would be close.....

curb weight is almost 3100 for the wrx. My car is under 2700 with a little weight deduction.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I think ill do it anyway. Theres no way he will kill me. If i even keep up within a couple cars he should be ashamed.
True that. I was with my gf the other day and some guy in an evo came up to me revving. She was like, "smoke em". Then I told her, "Babe, his car is gonna kill mine. Im telling you that right now. So I better still get some after this" Lol. ...yeah he killed me, but either way I did it despite knowing the outcome. So as long as you two find a safe place to race, what do you have to lose??? A little bit of gas??? :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Stage 1 neon should have more power than that. 230 is the stock power. That neon kid lied or something.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Specs aside, that WRX has you. Not worth the gas. They are surprisingly powerful little cars unmodded. Modified, they are no joke.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
bigger turbo, bigger motor, better headflow, better lots of things. he'll pull on you nicely im sure

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If he was stock then you might get him (stock WRXs are slow). Since he has a flash (as stated earlier) you wont win. Do it anyways. It wont hurt anything.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Im not the type of person that does all that weaving in and out of traffic B.S.

Yeah best to save that kind of transportation for the bikes. It's a lot more fun anyways :D

Called organ doners by some...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
can i steal this thread? ;)

how would a boosted klde put up to a wrx?

and does anyone know what wrx's (modified, and non modified) run in the 1/4?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i've seen mid to high 12's highly modified runs 11's or better

as tachs' dad would say: " It'd be a close race" ~Initial D

Ouch to that mazda 6?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
what do they run stock?

with just a re flash?

/pretty heavily modded they run high 11's?

guy in town wants to run me. an i think i might put some money on it :shrug:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
stock is low 14's i believe. Heavily modded can dip into the 8's

We need to get some speedo vids of your ride colin. I'll help ya out when the weather isn't so rough. You just focus on the road :lol: I'll hold the cam

1 - 20 of 34 Posts