Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '93 mx-6 ls, v6. So far i smoked a 2000 eclipse gst, a 2000 v6 camry with intake, a base accord, a base jetta, a base prelude, a si prelude, a base 3000gt, 2 cl's off the line. I don't even have intake either. But I have to admit soem of these cars are poot. I just did a small job to my car, I took off the mega flow air system and hooked up a filter to the pipe. so it's somewhat of a intake but my car pulls better now with it. It's just till I get my real intake.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
cool man get u a intake and exhaust, and u will be running pretty good, go after the RICE, good luck i have a 93 ls too by the way

G

·
Hey man, they didnt make a GST for Eclipse for 2000, so it was either a 99 Eclipse which has about 205 hp or it was a 2000 RS or GS which have only 147 hp, but if it was the GT, it has 200 hp, so I cant see how you could possibly beat it. I have a 93 MX6 V6 and a 00 Celica GT, so I raced a GS eclipse, we can beat those, but not the GST or then new GT, those are fast.

G

·
Eclipse GT

The new Eclipse GT is actually a fairly good match for our cars. The 0-60 is only a little faster (7.5 vs. 7.2 I think) and the engine isn't as flexible or the shifter as good, so it's harder to drive well, plus it's heavier than an MX6. I've test driven a GT and it has no top-end whatsoever, much less than our cars, which aren't exactly high-rpm monsters to begin with. All in all, it's pretty even.

GSTs (older model) on the other hand are lighter than our cars AND have 200 hp, so you can expect those to kick your ass

G

·
I work for a Mitsubishi/Mazda dealer and the 2000 eclipse GT's are all bark. they sound really nice but i have a 93' MX/6 LS V6 Manual and i beat it easily.All they are is Galants w/ performance exhaust. Also for any RX/7 fans the RX/evolve was givin the green light for production in '02 a mazda rep told me.

Ed 93 LS V6
K+N/Borla cat back/supra wing

G

·
New Eclipses Don't seem hot to me either...

About a month ago a guy in a new Eclipse GT was playing with me down the freeway. I didn't think I could even keep up, but after 4-5 little 70-100 sprints at different times, I knew my car was faster (at least going down the road anyway). I don't know about off the line, but I'm not impressed with their high-end performance. Oh, also, about the 5th time we played, my radar detector went off and I slowed down from 90 to 68 (in a 60) and he didn't. A cop nailed him at about 100. :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Man

That would suck getting nailed at about 100mph! They can take you to jail, if they want.

One time, I rented out a brand new Oldsmobile Intrigue (1999 or2000 model). That was a very nice car, very fast for a 4 door mid sized sedan with just a V6. Anyway, I was going about 90mph (the rpms were amazingly low at 90, seems like about 2500 rpms or less--I could be wrong) when my old, wornout, abused, dropped, etc.. radar went off just for 1 second. I immediately slowed to about 75 in a 70 zone. The cop pulled me over, said he got me going 81. I had forgotten to conceal the radar detector. He asked if it went off. I said, "No,..that thing has been on the brink for about a year now, I guess I just carry it out of habit." And the usual--I'm sorry, these new cars these days, they don't seem like you're going very fast.... He laughed, and LET ME GO!!! I think he must've had a new, or special radar or technique, and that is why he asked if my radar d had gone off. He was probably proud believing it never went off.

I got freakin lucky!

G

·
Yeah, probably...

JPMX6GT said:
About the 00 Eclipse. if the race was off the line, those car can pretty much take us. Doing 90+... I think The MX6 can take off on them.
Guess one of us will have to see! I bet you're right though. The 2.5V6 is pretty torquey at high speeds, and pretty good from 0-30too, but sometimes I think could use some help in the 35-70 range.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i feel the same from 35 to 70 it coudl use some help i have intake and exhaust but still not that fast but owell i dont race, (164000miles on mine 93 but it looks like a new one factory paint too) i guess it is the tons and tons and tons of polish the engine still runs great but i dont have the $$ if something happens to it so i drive careful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts