Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotz some ZE cams ready to be thrown on in :)

Bought them off a dude on probetalk and im getting Aspec to throw them in for me in twoooo weeks :) WoOHoO!!

Ive heard any where from 10-15hp across the power band, plus lots of torque, but allz I know is they are gonna kick some ass yo! :)

LAtes... :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Did you get the cams because you had excessive HLA noise Rufnek? Someone I know needed to have the cams replaced on their old mercedes and he had the engine shipped to the states to have the work done. Even with the extra shipping charges he still maintained that it was cheaper than having it done over hear since there isn't as many shops in the business over here as in the states.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually

I got the ZE cams, strictly for a performance boost

Thats okay M-kid.. I got a sick deal on them :)

Lates...:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
How much did you pay for them Rufnek69???

And how much is Aspec going to charge you for the whole installation?

10-15 hp sounds like a good boost!!!

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welp

Im hoping the boost will be highly noticable to my ass dyno :)

I paid three bills for the cams.. I donty want to say what Aspec is charging me for the install, because he is gonna give me an excellent deal!! because he has done and will be doing alot more work for me in the future :)

Im counting the days till I get them thrown in... Then I will probably sell my stock cams, for someone who might want to get a regrind :)

lates...:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dear ol' rufnek, 10-15HP from cams that aren't even that more aggressive then 03's? sorry bro, you're looking at around 5-6WHP which is a considerable boost on the 03 motor considering NOTHING gives us a good gain minus FI/Nitrous Oxide.

But for the price that you got them I am SERIOUSLY jealous! @- :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would officialy like to welcome EasyGino to the board! This guy knows his stuff!

Now we just need to find some easy ginas! ;)

lol, I geeve!

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kewlkewl

EasyGino said:
Dear ol' rufnek, 10-15HP from cams that aren't even that more aggressive then 03's? sorry bro, you're looking at around 5-6WHP which is a considerable boost on the 03 motor considering NOTHING gives us a good gain minus FI/Nitrous Oxide.

But for the price that you got them I am SERIOUSLY jealous! @- :D
Thats kewl though still... I always realistically underestiamte the power i get from mods.. I just heard 10-15hp but I figured it would be less then that.... :)

its allll goood :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok well here is something to think about.. the ZE makes around 30 more HP (not wheel). And the major differences are, different pistons (10:1 compressions), Intake Manifold, Cams, Jap Spec ECU and some other minor goodies. Now all that stuff has to make up 30HP, so for the cams alone to make 15HP, everything else seems so little. The higher compression is a good gain and the intake manifold alone is suppose to flow WAY better then an 03 mani. So ya :)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aspec

Spoke to Steve @ aspec, and he told me to drop off my car on the coming monday or tuesday... so hopefully by wednesday the 12th, I will have them in!! :) I was hoping to do it before the meet, but doesnt look like thats gonna happen DoH!!
Thats okay, I'll still run any probe or 6 that wants to test my type R killa!! lol j/k
Lates...:)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WoOHoO!

I dropped off my car last night at a-spec, and hopefully will be picking it up tonight after work!! I cant wait...
Steve mentioned something intresting about engine noise.. anyone know about this?

Apparently there are three different things that cause noises in our engines... HLA tick, carbon knock, and something that has to do with these little rings that go on the ends of the cam shafts.. the updated ones have a little groove, that allows them to stay in place,.. however if you dont have the updated rings, then you get a ticking... hes gonna replace those for me too if need be..
I will let you all know how the cams are sometime tonight!! WoOHoO!!!!

LAtes...:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe the friction gear?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ding Ding Ding... friction gear is notorious on our cars.. i gotta change mines soontime bu i got no idea where the thing is.. i know its on the top left hand side of the engine located behind the pulleys near the intake manifold but after that im lost... ruffnek.. can u ask him how much he'd charge to replace em on a 6? tia

·
Registered
58 Posts
As far as i know, its underneath the valve cover, so u might as well replace the front and rear VC gaskets anyways.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts