Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good suggestions? I heard chevy s10s are very strong. What about the Mazda B series? Are these good trucks? Post anything that you know? By the way I dont know many truck names. Oh, and hes not looking for trucks like Silverados and F350s, just small trucks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
unamedplaya87 said:
Any good suggestions? I heard chevy s10s are very strong. What about the Mazda B series? Are these good trucks? Post anything that you know? By the way I dont know many truck names. Oh, and hes not looking for trucks like Silverados and F350s, just small trucks. Thanks.
I had a mazda B, it ran great..just really low power. Mine was a 5 speed so it wasnt that bad, the automatic is pathetically weak. I sold it at 170k and it was burning a quart of oil a week than. sold it to a guy who was going to put an f2t in it i believe.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
unamedplaya87 said:
friggin pansy...you live in america and you dont want an F350 that gets 4-7mpg!?! you disgust me....

but no really, if you or your dad were to get a truck, just bite the bullet and get a REAL truck like an F250 or something...or hell, get a Toyota Tundra, its right there stuck between too small and too big

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Tacoma's are very nice.

My dad has a B2300 and it can barely get out of its own way. i mean, seriously, i hate that truck. the ford influence is prevalent.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
SKarpenz said:
friggin pansy...you live in america and you dont want an F350 that gets 4-7mpg!?! you disgust me....

but no really, if you or your dad were to get a truck, just bite the bullet and get a REAL truck like an F250 or something...or hell, get a Toyota Tundra, its right there stuck between too small and too big
My step dad has an 04' F250 super duty 6spd, my cousin has an 05' Dodge with a commins 6spd, my uncle has 2 Silverados, my other uncle has an F150 and an 03' F-350 superduty, and my dad has had a 96' Nissan hardbody and a 96 Toyota Tacoma. And in all honestly, I think a Nissan or Toyota would be your best bet. My dads nissan had 180k when he sold it. That truck took a BEATING, I mean we had so much weight on it we cracked the frame, then got it welded and it still ran for another 5k till we traded it. The toyota my step mom had owned since it hae 22k miles. and it has about 170k on it now and the only thing that we had to fix is about 2 months ago we had to put a water pump on it. So I would say to get a Nissan or Toyota and they also get good MPG :tup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I tried to get my dad to get a new Nissan Frontier king cab with the new 265hp/284lb-ft 4.0L engine and 6-speed manual... but he just finished paying off an '03 s10, so he said no.

But I would get one of those if I were buying a truck.

-Todd

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nee said:
Any Toyotas will do.
i'm gonna second this... they run forever... and ever... and rust out and fall apart... and then they run forever... and the bumper falls off... and it keeps going... and the whole box falls off... and its still going...

300,000 miles later you can still find an idiot to pay a grand for it...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
My boss just bought a Tundra with the TRD package. It's a very nice truck, especially with the available 6 speed. He got the 4wd/auto so everyone could drive it. It's got good looks, some balls and it's very practical, plus there's always the Toyota dependability. Now that I'm done sounding like a Toyota ad....It's just an all around good vehicle, without going full size, which it doesn't sound like your dad's doing anyway.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Don't know anything about trucks, but I Having watched Top Gear in the UK, I know Toyota's are reliable.

They took a Toyota pickup (Hilux I think) and; crashed it into a tree, tied it down in an estuary while the tide came in, drove it through a building, dropped a caravan on it, hit it with a wrecking ball, set fire to it and parked it on top of a 10 storey building that then got demolished.
After they dug the truck out from the rubble and reconnected the battery it fired right up. The old girl is still going as far as I know. Watched it again last night, hilarious.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I just read about the 2005 Tacoma....V6, 6 speed manual.....I believe 265 hp (N/A), REAALLLY nice little truck.

All depends on how much he wants to spend.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
SKarpenz said:

I love watching people that live in suburbs drive around in 2wd fullsizes without anything in them or behind them. Then they bitch about how "expensive" gas is.

Granted, little trucks are pretty much useless. I've not yet found something an S10 can do that my van can't do.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Jon said:
Can it carry 2000 feet of PVC pipe?

:)

...used to have a s-10...

I have a 3/4 ton chevy now.
Nope. :) If I hook the Harbor Freight trailer up, prolly.

I can carry about dozen 10 foot lengths fully enclosed no prob, and about a foot deep of 8 foot lengths. 7 foot to the ceiling. If I'm careful, I can carry a few twelve foot boards with all the doors closed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts