Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
when I had my 2nd gen, the back rattled really good. I used some foam tape ( can be found in the hardware section at walmart ) and stuck it between the back parcel shelf and the rear window.. two strips stopped it good!

:edit: I think its the kind of tape used to seel windows and doors

·
Registered
326 Posts
When I first got mine a few months ago, I gave it a deep cleaning inside and out... I made the mistake of getting armor-all in between some of the cracks in the plastic trim (like where the door meets the sides of the dash)

Not only did I have rattles, I had the squeaks of a million mice.

I won't do that again!

As far as the back window, I pulled the housing off of the brake light, so that it was just the metal bracket sticking up. I bent the forks back a 1/4" and then put it all back together. Now the brake light housing is pressed up against the back window with a little pressure. That stopped the rattling back there due to driving vibration (when I got the car, it rattled ALL the time. If the car was in motion, the brake light was rattling) Now it takes some significant bass kicking back there to make a noise.

I'm sure that won't help you guys with kicker boxes, but for the constant road rattle, it did the trick!

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I'd pull off interior parts around where the sound is coming from till it stopped... then you know what part is the problem and can put something in between them to help stop the rattling.

The dash though, that's another story, not sure how to fix it since you're likely not going to remove it to look for loose bits.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
plastic gets old and expands from the heat and srinks from the cold. foam tape iabout the only to quiet the interiors. u will have to have a friend either drive or listen for where the noises are coming from. then try to quiet them with the foam tape.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have this problem too i filled the panels with instlation and expanding foam<- that stuff can make a big mess but if you are careful it works great. i did that a few years ago and it is starting to come back

·
Registered
790 Posts
the only rattle i have is the passenger door handle, or rather the metal bar that conects to it i forgot to put that little pad back on when i had the door off and apart its annoying but at least i know i can fix it in 2 seconds when i have the door panel off again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts