Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go on a kick today and started replacing a bunch of parts for my car. Now, I am by no means a mechanic, but I know my way around the car fairly well. I replaced the front suspension, the ignition coil, the fuel pump, and the fuel filter. After all that, lo and behold, the car wont start. It sounds like its trying, *i.e. Cranking* But it sounds like none of the gas is getting to the engine. Is there some step after replacing those parts I didnt take, or do you just have to wait for the fuel to recirculate. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
check the ground for the fuel pump...to check, disconnect the fuel filter, and try cranking. if gas comes out, u know its not the fuel pump.

u could just have a bad pump too. it happens.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you could just jump the fuel pump relay in the engine bay and turn your key to the on position to hear the pump turn on, instead of spilling needless fuel on the ground.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
my experience, it just turning on does not always mean actually pumping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for an update, turns out the ignition coil i bought was bad. Who woulda thought. Anyways that really doesnt matter anymore...my tranny kinda just went out lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts