Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, went out to take the temps in our fire pump room, after my boss (at another building) told me not to worry about the truck out by the pump room... Didn't think twice about it cause, he parks his car trailers that he builds out there...

(btw, this pic is taken about 20 feet away from our full 1000 gallon diesel tank)
Luckily it's in an enclosed building, but still... I was standing 2 feet away from the tank taking the pic!

If you look by the rear wheel, that piece that's hanging down... yeah, that's the fuel tank(or whats left of it!!!!)

Here is the interior..

they've had an outside company come plow the parking lot and the receiving area. I guess it happened about 2am. The driver noticed flames under the hood and got out and ran. As he was on the phone with the fire department, the truck exploded, and the truck was then completely in flames. 3am it was out. they hooked up to a hydrant right next to our fire pump house, and ran our psi up to almost 275 psi! Also, there are pieces of the truck 50-60 feet away!

The driver was ok, luckily, but the asphalt is absolutely tore up, and burnt rubber, plastic, and the grill!!! pretty much cemented to the ground!

Crazy... not everyday I get to see this! Thought I'd share!!!

Jason

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Cell phone pics suck lol glad the driver/your job was ok though

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's a Dodge........they tend to catch fire

08 Avenger @ my buddies work

Now well all get to pay $17.4 billion so the big 3 can keep making junk.:tdown:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
And Toyotas never catch fire? I've seen some burned up Mazdas at the junk yard and I watched a Hyundai burn on the freeway. I saw a burned Carolla yesterday, and Ford trucks are notorious for catching fire with their defective cruise control switch.

BTW, that Avenger looks like it's battery caught fire.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's a Dodge........they tend to catch fire

08 Avenger @ my buddies work

Now well all get to pay $17.4 billion so the big 3 can keep making junk.:tdown:
I love this one. The paint is still good.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
hahah true.. i say let them die... if it really comes to it they will keep afloat... they just want the $$
If they die there will be a second black friday. The dow jones will drop to probablly 4500 points and millions of people, not even in the auto industry will loose their jobs.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
If they die there will be a second black friday. The dow jones will drop to probablly 4500 points and millions of people, not even in the auto industry will loose their jobs.

And keep in mind they were doing great until Daimler came along, made a lot of bad decisions then cut them loose.

Turn of the century they were one of the most profitable lowest cost manufacturers on the planet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts