Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my new cat-bak and magnaflow are wondering what all y'all think would be the next best upgrade(not to costly) for my car for some more performance?!?!?

keep in mind im not mechanically savvy by any extent of the phrase(I know shit about cars)

any feed back you guys have would be hugely appreciated!

thanx in advance

G

·
0 Posts
I agree. A car needs to breath in order to have power. An ingition system wouldn't be bad either. Lets see what else. Well you could get a nice header, new intake manifold, throttle body, under drive pulleys. This would be easy to do by yourself. If you want to go all out then a stoke, bore, and blown engine would be the way to go. Agian something you could do yourself if you knew what you were doing.

[Edited by Woodnutz on 10-26-2000 at 11:46 PM]

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmmmm intake,,,,,

well, i think im gonna go with an intake,
ive been reading that the cold air intakes are the way to go.. perhaps someone could give me an idea of how to do this? or get it done? and what products you would recommend...
that would be fantastic... you see, the goal here is to smoke my buddie's brand new VTEC 200hp prelude, and im afraid that my mostly stock car wont have too much of a chance... whaddya think?

mx6v6ls94-stik
stainless cat-bak+magnaflow

G

·
0 Posts
Ok this is what to do. Get an intake I would go with the cone type. Iceman, HKS, or PRM. It is not hard to put on. Just remove the older filter and box then if the intake comes with a new tube to the throttle body then remove the old tube and use the new one. Most comes with instructions. But for cold air to work you need to get cold air to it. So I would recommend a ram air hood with a scope right above the intake spot. I am working on making one for my car. Most people have misconceptions about ram air and cold air induction. It you leave it in the engine bay then it will be surronded by hot air. You could make tube out of pcv pipe and run it under you car so it will make a ram air inlet. Let me know if you want to know some more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts