Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to run this by everyone before i tried it out. Basically i want to get a piece of angle iron and drill holes in it to it matches the tranny mount that goes into the transverse member. So it will be a solid piece of metal and not the rubber mount. I think this will stop the engine from rocking back and forth a little bit and would be a lot easier than replacing the rear mount whitch is a PITA to get to. lemme know what you all think

·
Registered
208 Posts
depending on how much you do it shouldn't feel every single rev inside the car. I would not recommend doing both motor mounts solid though. As stated the motor needs to rock a little bit. What I ended up doing was getting two metal washers and welding them to the front motor mount. it worked really well, and cost next to nothing. The engine and car is a lot more responsive, but since the rear and passenger are still the same, the engine can move and the entire car doesn't vibrate.

·
Registered
637 Posts
you will shake everything loose inside the car, outside the car, and things will wear out quick. Your engine needs to move around some.

edit: never mind I see you don't plan on doing all four mounts.

Reactions: Zach

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
All the mounts need to be in good shape or there will be problems.

If you solidly mount the trans in one point and every other point is slopy and loose then you will most likely break the bellhousing. At best the remaining mounts will wear out quicker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you're going to make front mount solid, you might just do it for the rear also. or you can just fill the rear with polyurethane or window weld to stiffen it a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts