Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As requested by blackmx6, I should show off my 626 with some of the goodies I got here from the forums and in general.

Imgur
This is my favorite pic, it just makes me think of the Mazda Capella, the Japanese branding of the 626. I got these wheels recently, an unused set of OEM GT wheels from the early '90s, freaking love these!

Imgur
LED headlights. Worth it.

Imgur
After trying to figure out the native OEM DRL lighting setup, which won't happen since the US spec'd models have everything in place for the DRLs EXCEPT for the control unit itself, which I found out from getting the bits here, I ended up just making my own DRL lighting with the parking lights that I originally wanted to do. I ended up also installing some real bright LEDs in place of the incandescent bulbs.

Imgur
The headlight cleaners/squirters. HUGE thanks to NBProbe and blackMX6 for squirters, switch and very importantly the washer fluid tank that holds about a full two gallons of fluid! Of which a LOT gets pushed out for the headlights, holy moly! Those are fun to squirt. I could probably turn them around and squirt people walking past. :) Looking forward to using them this winter!

Imgur
The digital gauge cluster, freaking LOVE this thing! It makes me feel like I'm driving a race car in a game or something! Again, thanks to NBProbe and blackMX6 for helping me find not one but two of these things literally months after I discovered these were a thing on these cars. Also, this is my new steering wheel I got from NBProbe to replace the old one that I've never really liked, reminded me too much of a Geo Metro's steering wheel. I don't think I have a pic of it with the green backlighting since I already got started on switching out all my green lighting to red in the car. It feels like it's been forever since I've changed out the green lighting to red, it's weird to see the green again.

Imgur
The red is glorious....

Imgur
This is one also my favorite image. I one day went and test drove a Mazda 6 and this made me so happy I almost cried. One day when I'm done playing with my 626, that will be next on the to-do list.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Very nice indeed, I truly dig the red LEDs, the car Iooks nice overall, good work on the lights and the headlight cleaners. My next project is getting digital HVAC controls from a capella >:)>:)>:)

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I like how you took the pic at 6:26, on the last pic, coincidence? :smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts