Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a 94 Mx-6 2.0L model.
The car only has 169xxxKM on it and has been maintained very well.
about 10xxxKM ago i changed my timing belt as well as my Starter. About a month later i would say 2xxxkm or something my engine light would go on but turn off automatically or if the car was shut off and then started again it would disapear. A mechanic told me not to worry.
Last week i was driving and i felt like the engine wasnt getting any power. I would hit the gas and nothign happned then it woudl all of a suddon get power (it was ripping).
then when i got near my house it just shut off. but as soon as i took my foot of the clutch (stil in gear) it actually stalled. I found this odd becuase i thought thats what had happned.
From there trying ti start the car nothing happned the engine would turn, but the car would not start.
now the car has brand new starter, timing belt and the clutch seems to be fine. I checked to make sure i was getting spark and i was but it was a bit the first time. I tried putting some starter fluid to see if its the gas supply and the car still did not start. I changed the spark plugs and now the car starts.
But still if im behind a red light or something i feel like the engine is about to stall or run out of power i give it a bit of gas and it gets back, also if i hit the gas pedal suddonly the car stalls/turns off. i have to very slowly press teh gas pedal. I was told that it might be the spark wiring, the mass airflow sensor, and O2 sensor but i have no idea what else it could be any ideas is greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
954 Posts
first thing I'd suggest is to pull codes and see what u come up with

·
Registered
138 Posts
make sure you are getting spark. I'd go for new wires as this is a common cause of this type of problem. Also our distributors in the 4 cyls are notorious for crapping out. also check fuel. fuel pump relay and fuel pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts