Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Which Style

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been working on my exterior for the past year or so. Looking back at some before pictures, I'm thinking I may have gone in a wrong direction. I need some input on this. Old is on the left. New is on the right. Which does everybody prefer?
Old - shiny
New - stealthy

·
Registered
418 Posts
the right with better wheels

·
Registered
939 Posts
i think if ur gunna murder your car out it needs to be done right...
i say right cuz its always cool to do something most people dont...
but go with the theme... i agree with plum.... bigger better wheels... then tint with matte black all your lights... get some dark ass tint ...
then it will look better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i think you went the wrong direction BIG time..... the older pic is sexy......dont get me wrong flat paint is sweet on sum cars but these cars happen to be lead sleds and rat rods.....not a mx6......but on the plus side the lowering springs did help the way the ride looks thats for sure

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the comments everybody. I actually did a quick edit of the "new" picture. I sort of like this 3rd option. please don't mind the lack of "finish" in the edit

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
flat black paint jobs are for nothing lol I dont think i've seen flat black look good on anything in my opinion, if you had it lowered in the old pic then that would look incredible! tinted windows as well forsure!

·
Registered
939 Posts
lol a lil bit of red trim paint and some tint aint gunna help u...

as i said ... its cool if u wanna 'murder' it out... but if u r gunna do it .... then do it...

BIG flat blk rims, 6% tint, and headlights tails and side markers all tinted .

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is it at least fast? The Old picture with the New rims would have been pretty cool. My 1st 6 was primer grey. I still don't know why I did it...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It didn't take a full year to do that :( It took less than 1 week and just wanting "something different" with the car. Thats what I get for not planning everything out.

I've been wondering why I've felt disinterested in the car this past month & the responses have shown the answer. I messed up.

Thankfully I didn't mess up the "correct way". I just sprayed over the clearcoat. This next week or so, I'll use acetone and maybe a clay bar to attempt to remove the damage and get it closer to how it used to look. I'll probably keep the rims how they are, and just save my money for some nice aftermarket rims.

Any suggestions, besides acetone & claybar, to remove spraypaint over a decent paint job?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts