Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im new to the whole Appearance Mod thing, i think all u guys cars(that i have seen) r cool as hell, can u guys give me some suggestions on what i might want to do to get started, like certain kits? remember im a poor 17 year old so maybe something simple but cool?
if u could show me some pics too that would be cool?
thanx

PT

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have Fun

The main message that I can get across to you is have fun. I got my 6 about 6 months ago and I did the same thing you did, I came on the board and asked "what should I do to make my car faster/prettier/more pimped out? The whole thing is though, its your car, if you want to put a wing that is the size of Montana, then hey its your car, do what you want to do. As far as not spending a lot of money, use your imagination.. If you think that neon blue lights and pink polka dolts would look cool, then cool, go for it. It's all about what you think would look nice...
my .02
-Shawn

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
kewkew

Personally Im tryin to go with the subtle yet somewhat unique look. For example, Im gonna pull off all my stock mazda logos and replace them with MaZdaSpeed logos. That way, to the untrained eye, they might think its imported or something like that. Also, I want to remain subtle but still get rid of that stock look.. I think the best way to do that is to replace the stock rims with some really lopro tires and rims.. nothing too pimpish, maybe some nice 5star enkeis or something like that... As far as performance, my goal is to get as much fun and power out of it without spending thousands of dollars on upgrades and bolt ons. I just did my exhaust and air filter, next is gonna be a short throw shifter and a racing clutch. First the clutch then Im gonna invest in some really kewl rims and tires...
just my thoughts

Cheers and have fun.. Its by far one of the coolest cars on the road today!! (ive only had mine since last july)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Like they have said do what you like! you have to drive it, but dont soemthing stupid that nobody likes!!!

CAI=Cold air intake( homemade cheapest) PRM or Hotshots others
exhaust= muffler and 2.5 or 2.25 in pipe, or cat back from PaceSeater or Borla or GReddy($$$)
header= Pacesseater, hotshot, brospeed
HFC= high flow cat.
put all those together and you will have some HP there, probaly about 10-15hp increase.

do the search for those and read up on them as mch as you can that will save some $$$.

For the appearnce, 17in rims, springs, kits, wings, head lights, corner blubs, neon lights in the car and under it or something else!, shift knobs, Ebrake handle, custom gauges, stickers.

sounds system upgrade!!!!!
use the search faeture on this page and find out everything about the car. good luck, hit me up on AOL too later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts