Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some bugs in my car which is not dangerous (I think) but attract my attention.

1.Clutch. Twithing in the end of pedal release when car is starting. When I release pedal slowly I feel no twitching but I'd like fast starts with quick clutch releasing

2.Check engine light after driving in high RPMs (>5000)
It disappears after turn ignition off and on.
What it can be? Dying Ox. sensor?

3.Squealing in the end of braking but it doesn't seems like wear indicators (different sound)

4.Trunk opens only from inside, can't open with key

Thanks, Vic
'93 MX6 LS, own this car just 2 days

·
Registered
806 Posts
Not sure about the clutch, are you describing it slipping when you talk about the twitching? Go to Mike 94GT's site (other mod in this forum) and follow the "Malf Codes" button and pull the codes, then you will know if its an O2 sensor, both O2 sensors or whatever. Squeeling could be the type of pads you have, I would just inspect them to see if the discs and pads are ok. The 93's did have a rear caliper problem, but check first of all to make sure the brakes are in good shape. Not sure about the trunk, but you might have to get a new lock cylinder. Be careful with your keys, they are very soft!

G

·
0 Posts
Error codes

I read error codes 17 and 24 which refers to both O2 sensors (inversion error)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hello

at least in my experience, the truck only seems to work with the original keys and not copies. Of course our keys seem to be made of frikkin aluminum so the problem is compounded.
Cya.
Claeren.

·
Registered
108 Posts
SilverGhost:

is the break sound kind of like a groan? is it coming from the front or the rear?

-spish:freak:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Actually there are 2 keys!!! Read your owners manual guys!
There is a primary, and a secondary key. The secondary key is a "valet" key that will not open the trunk, only the doors and ignition.
Apparently you are in the same boat as me...the previous owner only gave you one key, and it happends to be the secondary. I can never figure out where all of the other keys go when people sell a car???
Maybe a locksmith car make both types from the VIN, but it is probably a job for the dealer (hopefully not).
Let me know what you find out, being as I will have to do the same thing.

DANE

·
Registered
352 Posts
The previous owner of my car only had a copy of the valet key, so I have that same problem. I think I am just going to deal with opening it from the inside, unless there is any cheap fix.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would probably go through moderate effort to get both keys (IMO).
Being able to securely lock something in a trunk, when parking in "suspect" areas is high on my priority list.
Remember, all a thief has to do is break the glass, and pull the latch to get in your trunk.
With the primary key, you can "lockout" any non-key access to the trunk.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keys

Unfortunately I don't have original Mazda keys
Both was replaced by copies. Is it possible to restore original keys from VIN code? Can Mazda dealer do this? who knows

·
Registered
49 Posts
Typically a locksmith can, if they have the Vin/Key Code books.
Much cheaper than the dealer too...about $1.50 a key in my experience.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good idea

Thanks Jorge for idea!
Installing remote keyless entry will kill two hares :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts