Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some more advice =) Update

thanx to evryone for all the help. today she got the car i donno if she will be here anytime soon, but we'll see

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
2 door coupe sports car is not going to be cheap to insure with a 19 year old and with 0% no claim bouns. I should know. I'm under 25 and the cheapest is $2900 with 30% no claim bounus. The most expensive was $4300.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky you, i mean it , she was quoted $7K by RACV.

·
Registered
672 Posts
~which insurer will insure her the cheapest?
Its a little difficult to determine who is going to be the cheapest until you actually sit down on the phone and make a few phone calls, but you may be lucky in the respect that who ever she is taking the finance or loan from can also insure the vehicle.....Example Westpac/Bank of Melb. you can insure vehicles with them as you would taking out the loan...other banks also do this, sometimes is good for first time insurers. Finance loan companies also offer insurance via them sometimes when going through bank/finance companies you get discounts on insurance because your also taking out the loan with them.

~she is doing it trough the finance, at 10.5%, is it good or she should go to the bank aand get a personal loan?
When I was looking for cash for cars I found finance companies have higher interest rates than Banks, Ide
first look into getting a bank loan then if you get declined look for a finance company. Esanda finance is probably a good start on looking for finance company they are part of the ANZ group but usually offer finance to most people...If you find the big finance companies are knocking you back go for the smaller ones who accept almost anyone, but they also offer even higher interest rates.

~What do you think about the car?
Seems decent enough, then again Im a guy who wouldnt say NO to an MX6 now I own one.

~Is it a good buy?
Well from what you have described it seems decent enough. Bit hard to say it all depends on other factors, interior type & condition, motor condition body condition but usually you cant go wrong.

~and most importantly, is she getting in to deep sh!t with this one?
Depends on can she afford the repayments etc??? If worse comes to worse if you cant afford it sell it!! Then clear out your debt..plain and simple...

Hope Ive helped.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the finence guy told her that he can insure the car but only for 6 months, then she had to pay off $21K(including insurance) and after 6 months pay for more insurance.
BTW what do you mean interior type i dont know much about gen 2s. thanx for reply

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Have you tried 'H.I.H.' insurance LOL?
Sorry I couldn’t resist, and I’ve been dying to use the LOL abbreviation
PK:D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Interior Type

Well for instance alot of 2nd Gen MX6's have cloth interior and I havent seen many with the leather interior.

I dont know maybe its me, but I seem to be the only one who has Grey Leather Interior from the MX6s ive seen around??

Anybody else got Leather Interior???

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Re: Interior Type

SideFX said:
Well for instance alot of 2nd Gen MX6's have cloth interior and I havent seen many with the leather interior.

I dont know maybe its me, but I seem to be the only one who has Grey Leather Interior from the MX6s ive seen around??

Anybody else got Leather Interior???
I got black leather all round.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nope, mine is one of the 1st 2nd Gens (that made sense !). It came with the black & red "coarse pattern" cloth interior. I think in 1994 it was upgraded to velour (along with a driver's airbag) and in 95 (or 96 ?) it was upgraded again when the 2WS version was released (velour for the 2WS, leather for the 4WS). By the sound of it, leather may have been a factory option a little earlier as well (it certainly wasn't available when I got my car).

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
YES SideFX, I've got black leather interior. Is your leather tight-fitting, or the looser fit?
:) PK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts