Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the car a good clean up at the weekend and generally it now looks the dog's. Bodywork is great apart from the odd scuff and dink - no issues with rust at all.

The only things that lt the car down now are the wheels and the chrome exhaust pipe ends (the pipes are fine but cosmetically look bad). Any recommendations about where to go (for these!!) and how much (I want to keep the wheels the same size as the tyres are new and funds are low).

Also, the boot lid doesn't stay open on its' own - any suggestions?

Thanks.

p.s. apologies if you've covered this before.

·
Registered
749 Posts
For wheels i'd try ebay, you can get some bargains there if you can wait a while. Not needing tyres would help as well.

For the exhaust I plan to go with longlife. I think there is a centre fairly near you but someone like Noone would know better.

For the boot you need some new lifters. Theres a bulk buy on at the moe for some crome ones if you fancy a bit of bling :)

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140785

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check out the bling lifters. HC - can I just get replacements for the chrome ends of the exhaust?

Re. the alloys - as long as I can re-use the tyres, I am open minded what wheels i'll use.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
you can get chrome ends for the zorst.
Hafrauds will be your best bet for these, or some other suitably chav-esque shop.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I've got a set of 15" wheels, Smiths Twisters is the make/model... They have 4 tyres with decent tyres with at least 50-60% tread left. The rims are almost as new, When I removed them, I couldn't find a scrape on them.

I just want to clear some space, so £75 and they're yours.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Here ya go.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They're the ones I swapped over on the j-spec I had... The only thing I should mention is that they do have smaller tyres on at the moment. I thought stock tyres on a 93 j-spec were 205/55/15, but these have 185/55/15 on them... but it's possible they're supposed to be a little smaller on the early ones. Either way, they have a lot of tread left and the wheels are almost as new.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm gonna be comming down to the New Forest meet this Sunday... So I can bring them down. Ideally I'd like them gone ASAP as they're taking up room in my dad's shed and he wants them out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK - i'll buy them off you. Not sure how much time i've got this Sunday but can we arrange to meet somewhere (being a newbie, i was not aware of a meet this weekend - is it MX6s only and where is it).

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
The tyres should be 205/55/15, but it's not going to make too much difference.. it's about -4% out, although +2% -3% is recommended

185 = 586mm.. 205 = 607mm diameter

John

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Sov said:
OK - i'll buy them off you. Not sure how much time i've got this Sunday but can we arrange to meet somewhere (being a newbie, i was not aware of a meet this weekend - is it MX6s only and where is it).
See the new forest meet thread in the events section... A mix of MX6 and Probes I believe. I shall be there and will bring the wheels with me, so if you can make it that would be great as I didn't really want to mess around arranging postage for them. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'll see you at Nomansland on Sunday. 12.30 is the meet time and i've seen the maps - what is the pub called?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Something to do with Lamb I believe...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found it:
The Lamb Inn

Forest Rd, Nomansland, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 2BP

Will see you there.