Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just acquired my new 93 MX-6 from my sister. It's generally in good shape, but there are a few problems I noticed that I'd like to take care of. FIrst of all, when I'm idling, the car drops below 1000 RPMs to about 750. The whole thing starts shaking. I figure it's about to stall, so I've been dropping it into neutral and trying to keep it about 1k. Is there anyway to adjust this or something so i can have it idle at about (whatever a good RPM is). Next, when I'm driving on the highway, once I get to about 65 MPH, the car starts vibrating. Now is this just regular wear and tear on the car, or something fixable? Also, when I brake from a high speed, the car brakes kinda jerk, like ABS is active, but not really. Its more annoying than anything but I'd still like to know what's up. I think thats all I hae questions about right now but umm, it is alot. I really appreciate your help in advance guys. I've been reading through this forum and loving it all the way. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The car is suppose to idle between 700 - 750 RPM. Sounds like you may need new spark plugs and leads or even a TPS adjustment.

Also a wheel balance to fix the high speed vibrations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much is that looking to run me? I know spark plugs aren't that expensive, but the other stuff you said sounds expensive. I'm kind of on a limited budget from buying this car and paying so much for insurance. Any of what you described possible to be done on my own?

·
Registered
84 Posts
if and when you get your wheels balanced go ahead and get them to check the alignment. Oh and you may want to change your sig from V4 to inline 4 or something. Good luck.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Get your plugs looked at, also the leads, thats your majour cause of idle jumping....

Not a costly repair, better do it now before you get stranded somewhere...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts