Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~what is substetude for Marvel Mystery Oil (i dont think we have the stuff in Oz)?
~for the hatch: how can i make the rear windows go all way down?
~the drivers side window has an auto down and up. can i make all swithches auto? what will it involve?
~thinking of replacing my rocker cover gasket. what is the right torque for the bolts(my manual is crap has none of that IMPORTANT stuff)? what paint should i use if i want to spary it in a colour?
thanx

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
common guys please, i know they easy questions, but i realy need those answers answers

·
Registered
167 Posts
1. NFI, try asking a mechanic, or at an automotive place.

2. I don't think you can, they stop there because of the shape of the door, and the size of the mechanism, you could always take it apart and look ;)

3. It's probably possible, but I assume that there is a sensor in the door that detects when the motor can't move the window anymore, and you'd have to install the sensors into the other doors, and run the wiring from them to the switches in the driver's door. Plus you'd have to replace the other three switches (good luck finding ones that match).

4. No idea about the torque settings, but for painting the engine, you should use that high temperature paint, for engine parts, you can get it at hardware shops. Don't use normal automotive paint.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx, panik, weekend coming up......of go the door trims :)

but it would've been nice to know the torque settings, oh well

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, thanx big time......but how much is it in foot pound or in kg meters? thats all my wrench has.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4.3-5.8 foot pounds.....is that right conversion?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Marvel Mystery Oil is glorified auto trans fluid. High quality and strength. Have seen guys use trans fluid and get same results. Not personally, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts