Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was on the hwy last night, and shifted gears down from 5 to 3 then boosted, and then shifting into 4th it was going good, then clank pank ding, something poped in there and my clutch went to the floor and the car was at idle all the way until i came to the stop, then i turned off the car, it was really hard to get it in gear, i tried starting it again and it made a horrible high pitched sound, im not sure what happend... could i have poped the pressure plate?, because i replaced the part (second hand) a couple weeks ago and she hasnt been engaging in gear that well...

what else could have died?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
perhaps one of ur synchros broke

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i pushed her way to hard racing a porsche, im gonna slam in a new transmission, picked one up for 400 CND

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
mazdamx6speed said:
i pushed her way to hard racing a porsche, im gonna slam in a new transmission, picked one up for 400 CND
Uhh, you have a clutch problem. Better get a clutch, and a resurfaced flywheel while you are at it.
-Garrett

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uhh, you have a clutch problem. Better get a clutch, and a resurfaced flywheel while you are at it.
yeah I put a new clutch in my car 2 months ago, and flywheel, the transmission is now gone, ill just use my old parts from my other tranny for this new one, hope it all goes well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts