Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello All, Im quite content with my 4 cyl atx mx6. But since i bought i started to notice more and more that on a long highway drive I'll be driving ok getting up to spped and then it will jerk for a split second than its fine i will only do it once a long trip. Also sometimes it does it when im just on the highway and all of a sudden it will jerk like it downshifted quikly and shifed up again but it all hapens so fast. I noticed one time that the rpm's went down a bit and came back up. Has anybody had these problem as well? let me know thanks

Keep on Cruizing!

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

sorry to hear about that, but I think if the transmission is downshifting at that speed it sounds like the transmission. Possibly you get it inspected or maybe get some fresh gear oil and a filter. Is there any leaks on your driveway?

Anthony

·
Registered
672 Posts
1994 MX-6 said:
hello All, Im quite content with my 4 cyl atx mx6. But since i bought i started to notice more and more that on a long highway drive I'll be driving ok getting up to spped and then it will jerk for a split second than its fine i will only do it once a long trip. Also sometimes it does it when im just on the highway and all of a sudden it will jerk like it downshifted quikly and shifed up again but it all hapens so fast. I noticed one time that the rpm's went down a bit and came back up. Has anybody had these problem as well? let me know thanks

Keep on Cruizing!
I believe its not something to worry about, what it sounds like is that you may be slightly easing up off the accelerator causing it to kick down a gear and move back up the gear.....

If it is this you will notice it happen always at the same rpm range....

Ive managed to use this kick down to my advantage if you can precisely pick the gear down you can actually get some good chirpping durring the atx gear change.

- Darko

1 - 3 of 3 Posts