Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking that it would be really cool if our turn signals like in hondas or any newer car. I'm thinking about trying to do it. I know that I would need dual filliment bulbs, and play around with some wires but I'll give it try and tell you guys how it goes. Let me hear your opinoins on this, or has anyone done this. I think that it would look fat.

Jason
89 LX

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
What do you want to do with the turn signals??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SORRY

Sorry guys I didn't even put that part in there. I want to have the trun siganls on when the head lights are on (like in Hondas) so you turn signals would be lite up along with you head lights, but still be able to use them... Have them flash brighter when you signal. You'll need dual fillament bulbs becasue our bulbs are singal fillament.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Uh, but don't they do that already? My turn signals on the front light up with the headlights, and then they flash brighter when I signal. So they are both the marker lights and the signals. Is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I did that

I spliced the wire going to the parking light, the one in the headlight assembly, and ran that wire to the turn signal harness. The turn signals already have dual filliment bulbs in them, and it is basically already wired up. I didn't like the parking light being in the headlight assembly. I'll try to post some pics a little later.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No mine don't light up when my head lights are on =-( that sucks. Do all of you guys' cars light up the turn signals when you turn your head lights on? Now I'm curious, anyway I'm still going to try it either way.

Jason
89 LX

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: I did that

Wayman said:
The turn signals already have dual filliment bulbs in them, and it is basically already wired up.
That’s odd. Why did it have a dual filament bulb in it already? What was it used for before you modified it? I would like to see more pics of this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Wayman's got the right idea but I'm ok with the current parking lights, besides how offten do I use them?

Jason
89 LX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts