Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was only a v6, (so I won't brag as much) and a girl driver(not implying anything by that,just stating the fact). Anywho, I was in my dad's 98 riviera (s'chrgd) and I see this smokin' girl next to me. I am with my 2 friends. Anway the light goes green, and she just launches, so I easily got right back in there and blew her away in less than about 4 seconds.
Then like a minute later she comes flyin by thinkin shes got me, i'm like uhh....race is over hunny!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
good kill, and I assume you left out the part where you got her number? :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
ckozlgod said:
so I easily got right back in there and blew her away in less than about 4 seconds.
Had the ole' traction control on eh? (just 'cause my boss' car is the same and it'll sit and squak without it...);)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, that things beast.

good kill, and I assume you left out the part where you got her number
There wasn't enought time to even roll down the window :mad:
When I pulled up the lit hit green like 3 seconds later.

After she "blew by" I had to turn.
Hey, is there any road by any of you guys where you can't turn right??
I went to turn right, I dont know why but it said no turn, I have never seen no turn on going right before

That made me mad, had to go all the way around.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Yeah, with my Dads 04 GP (non supercharged) it will maybe chirp just a little with the traction control on, and its awesome when its on ice it wont go past like 3Gs it really nice. But when I take it off, boy it burns them :D No body tell my dad about that please lol

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Maybe it was a one way street going left, so no, you shouldn't be able to turn right onto it, unless you have some sort of death wish, or you like traveling down one way streets the wrong way. Oh yeah, good kill, but next time get her number :).

-Bryce

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
that whole NO RIGHT TURN on a 2 way street is kind of creepy... that'd piss me off too.

Good kill :tup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, I am thinking that maybe some punks put that sign there, and maybe no one has thought anything of it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ckozlgod said:
I tried racing my friend 04 GT, man I got killed.:cry:
it's refreshing to hear some honesty!!! Don't worry... it happens. You have the better looking car though.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's refreshing to hear some honesty!!! Don't worry... it happens. You have the better looking car though
If I get killed I don't mind, it's too obvious I would lose. I gave him a run for his money with the riviera but he still got me. My 6 didn't even stand a chance, I knew it too but why not give it a go?To tell you the truth I would take a mustang over my 6 anyday.

Unless I had a turbo :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've only dared to race 3 5.0 fox body's in my MX-6, and I only beat one of them (stock auto) up to about 110mph off the line only because the guy couldn't drive it (yes you have to shift auto fox body's to get the most out them)

Another (5 speed w/bolt on's) I hung with him in 1st, and 2nd he pulled about 2 car's so I gave up.

3rd was a 85 (carb, 5 speed w/4:10's and typical bolt on's) pulled 1 car length on me off a 65mph roll up to 100mph when I started inching on him (4:10's suck for top end) and he let off

Please people for god's sakes no more "I killed a GT" without hard proof. (1st gen/ZE guy's can ignore this rule, just be honest)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please people for god's sakes no more I killed a GT without hard proof
Are you referring to anyone on this thread?

If so I said I beat a 6. Just tryin to make sure I understand ya :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Umm man you dont run from the girl you stay and get the # and take her out... geez people these days. JK

nice kill man

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Umm man you dont run from the girl you stay and get the # and take her out... geez people these days. JK

haha, good point. But like I said she was gone within seconds, I couldn't lose in the riviera, it would disgrace it if I had

·
Registered
344 Posts
no no you let her win, then take her out to dinner. There are more important things than winning, Like getting in her pants.

now If you can win then get in the pants you have everything you will ever need.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
now If you can win then get in the pants you have everything you will ever need
That is a statement that I will never forget, that is now my motto, it is what I will now live by.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've only dared to race 3 5.0 fox body's in my MX-6, and I only beat one of them (stock auto) up to about 110mph off the line only because the guy couldn't drive it (yes you have to shift auto fox body's to get the most out them)
Another (5 speed w/bolt on's) I hung with him in 1st, and 2nd he pulled about 2 car's so I gave up.

3rd was a 85 (carb, 5 speed w/4:10's and typical bolt on's) pulled 1 car length on me off a 65mph roll up to 100mph when I started inching on him (4:10's suck for top end) and he let off

Please people for god's sakes no more "I killed a GT" without hard proof. (1st gen/ZE guy's can ignore this rule, just be honest)

Man.. Your car sucks.... Better check yer timing or clean your injectors or something. I walk all over MGTs all day. Cobra... Not yet, but I'm gettin there. ANd yes: they are trying; yes: they are GTs; and no: I'm not fibbing. And Fox bodies.... My buddy has one of those with a Borla exhuast and a CAI. His setup sounds nice and mean, but competition for my car, it is not.

"I killed a GT" stories doen't seem like BS to me. I'm surprised we don't see more of them. And proof....? What kinda proof are asking for (while we sit here on a website and most races occur at any unexpected time)?

Mustangs suck..... And if ya want proof, you provide the stang, and I'll provide the 6. Let ya see with yer own eyeballs there buddy. If ya live within 200 miles of Columbus, I'd be glad to show you. I'm not bullshytting, either

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.