Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno which section to actually put this in so I put it here, closely related to multimedia :)

can ppl with freeflow exhausts on their v6 engines pls post sound of their exhaust?? i know its kinda tough to gauge the actual sound via a sound clip, but it'll just give an idea of the type of sound the v6 should make with a proper exhaust. it'll also help me and others choose the best sytmes and/or mufflers.

thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
straight-through muffler

I love the sound of mine.. soo ooo loud

·
Registered
548 Posts
At our last club meet one of the guys from Ptalk had put straight through exaust with twin Borla's. It was painful to be behind when he reved it. The thing was just so freakin loud. You could here him more than a mile away when he floored it on a main road outside the park.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to be honest, I dont think those superloud sound are good with the MX6, since its a relatively classy car. I think the best thing to complement the V6 and the look of the car is something quite deep and controlled. any reccommendations?

·
Registered
511 Posts
xenithon said:
to be honest, I dont think those superloud sound are good with the MX6, since its a relatively classy car. I think the best thing to complement the V6 and the look of the car is something quite deep and controlled. any reccommendations?
i'd recommend the BORLA. deep well-tuned sound. its not very loud at all. just enough to sound sporty. then if its not loud enough add a high-flow cat or a testpipe if you don't have emissions testing. i put a catco on my borla setup and it sounds great.

·
Registered
271 Posts
muffler

i have a 4cyl and just got my 5Zigen muffler welded, its loud as hell, deep sound too, people were impressed to hear a sound like that come from a 4cyl. i think its called a 5zigen fireball muffler.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got a Arospeed Tunable on my six. It has a low tone almost a grumble at idle speed. I hate it when somebody's exhaust sounds like a pissed off sewing machine.

In my opinion go custom. I had somebody bend me 2 3/4 in exhaust with a test pipe. You talkin about grumble!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I got a brullen straight through muffler with 5inch tip... :D

Sounds deep, loud, and I got the 4 cylinder too.. sounds real powerful

I'm going to get the dual-exhaust setup, mazda_speedstar said it was only like $60 bucks (canadian) for the pipe cat-back and split into 2 at the ends... 60 bucks is an amazing deal for that!!!

Now i just need to get money for 2 new mufflers..

The borla's sound good?? how much do those go for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts