Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a question...I have a '93 and I have 16" rims on it with 205 tires...I wish I had bought 225's because I don't think they give quite enough offset...I was wondering if generally spacers are a good idea and where I can get some cheap...as well as some lug nuts...what do you guys think? I don't have any opinion either way but wanted to know what the experst thought...any opinions would be nice...right now I can't afford new rims yet...nor can I cahange the tires...all 4 are brand new

·
Registered
488 Posts
You should actually be able to fit 225/50 tires on the stock rims without rubbing. Easiest way to find out would be to go to a tire shop and have them do a test fit with one of the rims, that's how I determined that my 215/45R17s would fit with my tires. If you have to get spacers then go to www.h&r.com They have hubcentric ones that actually work well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg...I appreciate the reply...I will do the test you said..but the reason i was thinking of spacers is that I already have some brand new 205's on there and it would be too expensive to change all 4 tires right now...so i thought as maybe a temporary thing(until I need new tires or get 17" rims) I would try spacers, because I want more offset with the 205's I have now...

·
Registered
488 Posts
That might actually not be the correct website. I was doing it from memory. Just drop on to www/corksport.com they have some of the H&R spacers on their site. Then do a web search for H&R because they sell them cheaper and in more sizes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts