Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have got three stories for you and we will start with the best. One evening me and my best friends who also has an mx6 were on the way back to my house and we rolled up on this 98 prelude typeSH (lowered, rims, exhaust, and to find out later intake shifter and pullies) at about 45mph as we started to pass him he gunned it and took off. He slowed back down looked over rived it, so we got nose to nose right at 45mph i gunned it in seconded and just slowly inched away till we hit about 100 killed it and pulled off in a parking lot and chated awhile he was shocked that he lost. The second was some dumbass in a 92 camora RS with a 305 or 302(can't remember which it came with)keep waving a $50 bill out the window wanting to race so after we came to a third light i revved it and looked at him and nodded. The light turned green and got the jump and never looked back until about a mile down the road. Pulled in the gas station rolled down the window and the dumbass actually gave me the 50 bucks. But i did get my a$$ kicked one day on the way to work 87-91 rx7 turboII. I came up on him on the on ramp to I565 and gunned it to pass him i got just about dead even with him when he just dusted me. All i could do was just sit there watch him leave me and smell the NOS

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Do you have a 1st gen, or a 2nd?

302 is Ford, 305 is Chevy, so it had to be a 305. It is hard to believe he actually gave you the $50. What is a Type SH Prelude? I don't know much about Hondas.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Chevy used their version of the 302 from the late 60s until like 70 or so, they are said the be mean, also Chevy used a built 302 Camaro as a show car for the SEMA show this year. You are right Ford is more well known for their 302, yet Chevy did/does? make one too.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Oh yeah, good kills.

I've never heard of a Chevy 302, only the 305. Anyone else know? I just asked a co-worker, he says its not a 305, but a 307, I think he's wacked. Oh well.

Where is a Camaro driver when you need one.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It was the 307. I've a similar version in my '86 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme sedan :)o), but mine is tuned to make only 140 (?!) hp and 255 ft-lbs. of torque. Weird...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Jiffy6969 i have a 93LS and i cant believe the idoit gave me the 50 bucks either but that is what you get when you race a bunch of civilized ********, they will always live up to their debits. As for the honda a TypeSH is the model above a vtech. All it is is the vtech with a much better over all suspension and i think maybe 5 more hp but im not sure on that part.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If any mx6 is going to beat a V-TECH prelude, its going to be the SH model. THe SH has this really jacked up tranny that robs the motor of a lot of beef. If you ever compare stock dyno runs (at the wheels) the normal V-Tech model is putting quite a bit more power to the ground than the SH. All the prelude fans out there hate the SH more than anything.

As for the camaro, since it was an RS i want to say it was a V6. Yes the RS did come with the 305 there for a while (not the 302 or 07) but i have yet to see many of them. THere are about 6-7 RS camaros that i know, and not a one is a 305. They look damn nice, but no 305. It could have been a 6 pot, but who knows.

RX7s can make some power, the only problem i have with them is thier reliability. Iv seen countless import drags, and i have seen too many rotories die. I really wish mazda would scrap that damn motor.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Chevy did make a 320ci. It is one serious motor. Came out in the late 60's. As for RS Camaro, lots of 305's out here.
Enjoy the victories, beware of family(Mazdas)!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's 302 not 320. Sorry for the type-o!

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to tell you this the RS Camero was a six cylinder. Chevy did make a 302 that was used in late 60's. Ford was the 389 the 351 and the 428/429. Checy most popular sizes where the 454, the 427, the 302, and the 440. The bigger the bigger I guess. Although the 428 used in the Shelby Cobra where the meanest engines ever. 450 horses and 450 ft of torque. I think that is about right. In a car the size wow.

[Edited by Woodnutz on 03-09-2001 at 12:07 AM]

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Yfz what is your problem now. Every time i am on this site you are always bad mouthing something. I am sorry that almost every thing and everyone piss you off. Maybe we should all bask in your godliness. There is nothing wrong with the rx and i give Mazda props for trying a new formula rather than using the same tired ass motor like a 350.I have driven a 94 rx7 and i promise you whatever ride you have it will beat, unless you have a viper or supra.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The Shelby Cobra. I understood it to be a 427-that is the emblem on the side of the car anyway--no pun intended.

I just thought that I might point out to those of you who do not know. The 1966 Shelby Cobra was the fastest production Muscle Car ever made, until 1997, the Viper. The Viper, with all this new technology, 488 cubic inches with a 6 speed, vs. 1966 Technology 427 cubic inches with a 4 speed--and BARELY, I do mean BARELY won against the Cobra. Only a few tenths of a second on the 0-60 and the 1/4 miles, or something like that.

I just thought that was pretty impressive and interesting. I saw the article in Car & Driver, or Motor Trends or something here a few years back.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I am sorry the Cobras came with 427's and another smaller V8 also but I am not sure on the size. I will find out though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I really hate to tell this to you all but the Viper is not the fastest production car ever made. If you go back to 98 when Porsche releashed the limited edition S version of the 995 better known as the 911 in the US. In the head to head shootout between the two the only two tests the Viper won in was the 1 mile drag and the lateral G test. As for the RS they did make atleast one V8 version of it and it was an aniversary addition, that i know for a fact cause my friend has one and she babies the hell out of it. The engine is a 302 in case you were wondering.

·
Registered
135 Posts
the RS very well could have been a 305. my friend owns a 1992 camaro rs with a 305 motor and a 5 speed manual transmission.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Clear up mistake time:
1. Yes the RSs' did have TONS of 305s used in them. Chevy used the shit out of this pile of crap. So for him to run into a 305 is not that highly unlikely. Also, considering what year the 305 was I might have trouble believing this post, because towards the late 80s early 90s this engine had something like 225hp, but the early 80s LG4 305s were rated at at 160hp.

2. YES they did make anniversary edition RS Camaros in 1992. They have a little 25th anniversary emblem on the rear hatch on the left side.

3. To whoever said that his friend had an RS with a 302, what year was that Camaro, because Chevy hasn't used that engine in a production car since the early 70s/late 60s.

Later,

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
ok i found out why she has a 302 in her camaro. she replaced it with the engine from a 69 camaro cause when she bought it the engine in it had thrown a rod and she didnt like the 305,as for you kris if you dont believe it i can give you my friends email address and he can verfy that it did happen cause i showed him the 50 the next day.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Joe Black. Note that I said the fastest production MUSCLE car ever made. I don't believe that a Porsche is in the same class. I think that even the article pointed it out that it wasn't the fastest car ever made.

Maybe it was also referring to just American Muscle cars. Like I said though, I don't think that the Porsche is in the Muscle car category anyway. It may have something to do with the fact that they were Naturally aspirated (non-turbo), and just pure, RAW horsepower.

No pun intended. I just now saw this post.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts