Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the rash of spammers posting advertisements on the site I have implemented restrictions that prevent New Members from posting links.
Any link posted by a New Member will be replaced with a link to our FAQ page.
I have also implemented a change to the way links are handled by regular members. Posting links works fine, but I have added a tag that makes search engines ignore the link. So posting a link to your personal website will let people link to it, but will not help your search engine rankings. This measure is in place to prevent spammers as well.

So, to summarize in large letters for those of you who do not want to read the description above:

1) Links posted by New Members are replaced with a link to the FAQ.

2) Links posted by all other members will work, but will be ignored by search engines.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Lindo581 said:
How do i get out of the status of a new member and become a regular member?
If I'm not mistaken, there are two factors involved first being the amount of posts you contribute and second - time....
welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I got an email recently

This is a message from lindhart at MX6.com ( http://www.mx6.com/forums/index.php
). The MX6.com owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the
email.

To email lindhart, you can use this online form:
http://www.mx6.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&userid=33982

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

hello mx- sik
am interested in buying the nokia 3220 please eply me givin gme your full name
and address so i can proceed with the payment using money gram please reply me
urgently as i will like to use it as a birthday gift for my cousin
reply me to my mail [email protected]

Thanks

LINDA HARTSON
I'm not selling a Nokia 3220? But what freaks me out is that is the make and model of my phone.......is this person a spammer?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
How about if you dont allow new members to make threads untill a certain amount of posts, and or a certain amount of time belonging to the mx6.com community of sexy people, with sexy cars. Just an idea.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
But people dont care. they just want to join the sexy community for their one question... like 'where can i get my left power window switch fixed in eastern russia? pls help' and then they get their answer from the 'sexy people', before pissing off into the distance :cry:

how about the system of using 'guest' comes back?

·
Registered
61 Posts
CustomMX6 said:
How about if you dont allow new members to make threads untill a certain amount of posts, and or a certain amount of time belonging to the mx6.com community of sexy people, with sexy cars. Just an idea.
Wait how do i post with out makeing a thread? Ohhh... you mean reply ;o) hehe. Sorry had to do it. Also if your going to make it so you are not a "new member" you can post links then you might want to think about makeing the "new member" requirments a little less then what they are. That way it keeps it fair to us that are not spammers. Or a even better idea get a few more mod's and delete any spam as soon as it gets posted or any garbage for that matter.

thread.lock == true;
thread.delete == true;

*me applies for mod position now*

·
Registered
3 Posts
The perennial trouble, of course, is that there are plenty of people -- like myself -- who don't often have anything useful to add to a conversation and prefer not to clutter a thread by adding meaningless "Thanks!" posts... but I agree with everyone else: safer is better. I've been getting spam from another forum where I was very careful to conceal my email address ... so I'm all for any measures from the mods.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
but heres a question that still goes unanswered: how do the spammers still manage to post up working links without the filter parsing the links out? and the few times it has worked people jump up in joy and go "HA l1nk f1lt4r pwnd j00 n00b!" etc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts