Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no spark and I cant tell whats wrong.
I've tried a new Ignition Coil, Distributor Cap & Rotor, New Wires New Plugs, and still no spark any help totally appreciated. I have no Idea, the haynes/chilton manuals don't really help.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Test the Ignition Control Module. Thoes little bastards cost me more headaches than they are worth. Plus they run $120 each, new of course. The best bet if it is that is to go on ebay and buy a used dissy and swipe the ICM out of it. Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ignition Control Module?

Where would I find that? In the Car of course...
is the ignition coil on my car bolted to ground?
because when I tried the new coil I hadn't pulled it off.
I also haven't been able to take an accurate measurement
of the primary winding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ICM Testing

ICM, How do i perform a test an ICM anyways? I think I found it. Right by the IGN Coil. The manual doesn't show me how to perform the test, only to replace... (Ignitor and Pickup Coil) Sorry your totally right, BIG headaches

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test the Ignition Control Module. Thoes little bastards cost me more headaches than they are worth. Plus they run $120 each, new of course. The best bet if it is that is to go on ebay and buy a used dissy and swipe the ICM out of it. Good luck and let us know what happens.
I was quoted $300 for an ICM alone. I all ready have a dist on order, 2nd time I ordered the first one I got had a vac/adv control on it and it had to go back. The dist is going to be $200+ maybe $30 core charge.:sigh:http://www.mx6.com/forums/imagesmx6/smilies/sigh.gif

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
did you replace the igniter?

i'm also wondering what's inside the distributor that's 120 bucks. It's just a series of magnets and pickup...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
the igniter is dirt cheap at a junk yard. the mpv has the same ignitor if i remember right too.
depends on the year. the later years uses the same as the 929...BP igniter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts