Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remember my problem with the spark plug oil leek, oil is gettin gon the spark plugs, well i need a good step by step reference guide on how to fix it so i dont screw it up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spark plugs

they leak on the back and front, so give me steps for both

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Actually if you check the URL I sent, you will find step by step. If you want more detail, get a Haynes manual.

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replace your valve cover gaskets. I don't know what kind of mechanic you are but if not let your local one do it or even the dealer the front one is rather simple but the back is a treat and the gasket kit will run you any where from a 100.00 to 150.0o bucks good luck.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Where do you get your price for the gasket kit? You must be pricing replacing the grommets on the screws. The gaskets are about $20 from the dealer for each valve cover, and it's a good idea to replace the intake manifold gaskets, 2x $10 each. There's also a copper washer that they say to replace, probably cheap.

Tyson

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tyson I guess you are saying I should have at least got flowers or diner because my friendly part dealer just gave me a good one right up the tail pipe. It was for a whole kit gaskets and gromets. I guess I got screwed HUH!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys

thanks guys can i get it from a ford dealer ship

·
Registered
488 Posts
Gasket price differences

The valve cover gaskets are one of the few things that you should get at the dealership, since it's cheaper there. If you want the valve cover gaskets most Ford and Mazda dealers wil charge approx. $20. If you try to buy the gaskets at an automotive parts store they only sell the full gasket kit for the car, which include the T/B gasket, head gaskets, rings for the bolts and a lot of other parts that you don't need if you are just doing the valve covers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts