Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a set of red plug wires for my car -- '93 MX-6, V6, MTX.

Has anyone tried these? http://www.probeaddiction.com/pawiresgt.htm Are they good quality? My car is factory original, so I would think I'd just need something compatible with the factory specifications, or better, if it would make a difference. Are these okay? What diameter would I need -- how many millimeters?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
If you really want red, MSD 8.5mm get my vote as those are what I use and have used for years now and over 70k miles. They are under $100 from www.summitracing.com

DO NOT get Magnecore wires because they are some of the most poorly manufactured wires I have ever seen. Many have broken in my hands during normal install / removal.

I am not sure what others are available in red.
MX6ish said:
I've been looking for a set of red plug wires for my car -- '93 MX-6, V6, MTX.

Has anyone tried these? http://www.probeaddiction.com/pawiresgt.htm Are they good quality? My car is factory original, so I would think I'd just need something compatible with the factory specifications, or better, if it would make a difference. Are these okay? What diameter would I need -- how many millimeters?
There's the link for you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hmmm. that's interesting I have magnecores on my lexus and have never had any problems:ewink:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
94MX6pilot audio master said:
Hmmm. that's interesting I have magnecores on my lexus and have never had any problems:ewink:
I'm not familiar with whatever Lexus you're talking about so bear with me... Does it have the same long neck by the plug? If not, then I guess it wouldn't have the same problems I've seen.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
I'm not familiar with whatever Lexus you're talking about so bear with me... Does it have the same long neck by the plug? If not, then I guess it wouldn't have the same problems I've seen.
94GS300 w/ 2jz-ge motor(inline 6) Yes, it has the long neck. They were the only ones I could find that were at least 8mm, everyone else only makes like a 5mm wireset for this car. I've yet to have to remove them or maybe I got the only good set. :ewink:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
94MX6pilot audio master said:
94GS300 w/ 2jz-ge motor(inline 6) Yes, it has the long neck. They were the only ones I could find that were at least 8mm, everyone else only makes like a 5mm wireset for this car. I've yet to have to remove them or maybe I got the only good set. :ewink:
5mm, tiny!

I'd like to see a picture of the angle at the top of the "long neck". The set for our cars has a problem with it not being a solid set and the wire can pull through toward the plug (sticking out the end) or away from the plug (pulling up into the neck). I have not had that problem as of yet with my MSDs. Also haven't seen it on NGKs.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
http://www.kingsborne.com/
Less than $90.00 shipped any color you want. Very good quality wires. I bought 2 diffrent sets for 2 diffrent cars. Never a problem or unhappy thought on either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for reposting the link -- I didn't realize it got removed from my post. So why can't new members post links? For how long is someone a new member?

Thanks for the info. Some more questions though...
Do all those sources have an exact fit and length for our cars? Are the boots shaped like the factory ones? And what's the diameter in millimeters for the factory set? If the larger diameter wires are better, how large should one go?

·
Registered
129 Posts
go with the MSD Superconductor wires, 8.5mm. i've had them for about a year with no problems. they certainly are red. at 8.5mm, i'd say they're a bit bigger than necessary. they don't fit into the stock wire clamps. aside from that minor annoyance, they are great. they are surpriseingly inexpensive, too. way less than the 7mm NGK. Mine were $110CDN.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
i got the MSD super conductor wires from www.jegs.com for $90.00
There awesome, so far the best wires ive had. I cant say much for performance wise (because i never noticed a change)

But durabilty wise there great.
Ive had NJK, BOSH and ACCEL.. (on this car and others) and the boots alwase go junk. The plastic peices brake, and the rubber boots stick in the spark plug well., just junk.

·
Registered
706 Posts
:tup: for MSD... my car is in the shop getting the ze installed now.. i made sure that they transferred those wires. the strength of the wires/boots were beyond what i expected em to be.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
MSD... bla bla bla. They're good, but let me take a quote for you.

Kingsborne now manufactures the finest wiresets available anywhere.
Each set is:
  • Crafted using the very best raw materials
  • Wires are cut and assumbled to factory specifications
  • Each wire is inspected and tested before packaging
This place has been in business since 1971 making custom egnition wires. Their product shows. True 8 mm wires. :smokin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts