Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed all the speakers in my mom's mx6 and put in a new HU probably like 3 to 4 months ago. Everything was working fine til 2 weeks ago. For some reason only the right front speaker is sounding. I checked all the wires and everything is fine. I know it's not the speakers. I checked the fuse and it's fine.

Is there something with the car that can be causing this to happen?

B/C my assumption is it's the head unit.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Firstly, check to make sure that the HU hasn't got the balance to the front right. I know it might sound stupid, but hey, mothers can't use a VCR let alone a CD Player in a car. If not the try this...

Pull a speaker out, and with the head unit out just hook up a speaker that you know works... like the front right. Then hook it up to each speaker output... if it doesn't work then it is the HU. Try playing with the balance and stuff as well.

Tripharn

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup checked the balance and everything was normal. I did what you said before I posted this and none of the speakers I hooked up worked. Well, it's the HU. Just sucks because only the front right speaker wasn't dead a few months ago. So I changed ALL the speakers. And now the HU craps out. LMAO. Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
What kind of deck is it? SOMETHING had to cause it to go out.

Pull the head unit out, and test each speaker wire with a multimeter for resistance. If it's less than 3.6 ohms or so, there's either a short in the wires or the speaker is blown. That's the most likely cause for a dead or protection-mode deck.

Post back with results before you replace the deck - no need to buy and fry another one if it's a wire or speaker problem!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts