Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the speaker size stock is 5x7 right? So wouldn't 6x8 speakers fit the same hole without any adapter? Should i go with 6x8s or 6x9s with the adapter spacer thingy? I was thinking of either getting Cerwin Vega or some other brand. Give me some oppinions and suggestions. Peace. Glynis27

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love my Polk Audio speakers. I've got 5x7 DX7 3-way speakers in the rear, and EX2450 components up front. Beautiful sound, the highs just sizzle...

·
Registered
84 Posts
according to one of my issues of crutchfield, we can get 6x8's with a depth up to 2 5/8 inches in our doors and 6x8's in the rear deck as well... I went ahead and had a pair of pioneer 3-way 6x9's (dual compression horn) bottom mounted on my rear deck and they sound great.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I heard there is somekind of adapter that will allow you to fit the 6 x 9 in the door. Don't know who sells it though, because I've looked around and can't find it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6x9

I would think that 6x9's in the door would be to deep to fit in unless the stuck out into the car. (which i dont want.) But would the 6x9's in the back sound ok with the adapter? Anyone who has tried this please leave oppinions and pics.

·
Registered
806 Posts
5x7's and 6x8's have the same footprint. Its just that most of the aftermarket guys happen to be 5x7's. Check out Crutchfield.com, they have a fitment wizard that picks the speaker that will fit your car. Most of them will be 5x7/6x8, but I know the Pioneers are 6x8's and the box even says direct replacement for Mazda/Ford factory speakers. They do show 6x9's and 5 1/4"'s I think, but they rate them as some customization needed to install them, ie. cutting/mounting re-configuring. 6x9's can be mounted below the deck in the back though pretty easily. I need to do my door speakers. Thinking Kicker Impulse i570's, have to check the depth though.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ Way to go, you bumped an 8year old thread, probably one of the oldest threads on here.
No it wont, dont even try. Yes you will have to modify the bracket.

·
Registered
145 Posts
^ Way to go, you bumped an 8year old thread, probably one of the oldest threads on here.
No it wont, dont even try. Yes you will have to modify the bracket.
I don't get it, people say to search the forums for answers. And when they post in a thread about what they are asking, and ask a question, they are ridiculed? It's better than starting a new thread and having someone say "This has been answered before, please SEARCH next time!"

No ill-will directed at you at all, just find it odd when I see this...

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
There are many many other threads that explain this, in great detail.
Everything he wanted to know, he could have found if he would have searched furthermore.

While it is good to search (absolutely, I agree with you 100%), to a shit job of it and to bump a thread because he is too lazy to read more then one thread is what irritates me.
By all means if a couple of different searches proved futile; sure go ahead bump a thread that may lightly touch on the topic at hand, but I've explained this numerous times, I have no idea how many, but its been quite a few. As have countless other members on here.
Like I say thats what aggrevates me.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Now boys, play nice.

No, 6x9's will not fit. Why use them anyways? Use 5x7/6x8's. Fronts, use the same. You CAN fit 6.5's in the front, but its not generally common place to do so.

Horse is dead now. Ask a new question.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ See what I mean about how many times this question gets answered, I swear its 5 times a year. :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
dang, and i was just about to respond to the question too! before i saw the date of the first post :p

FYI FOR ANYONE WHO SEARCHES FOR THIS IN THE YEAR 2011, 2012... but not after that cuz the world will be gone by then... YOU CAN ALSO FIT 5" AND 5.25" SPEAKERS! lol. you dont have to stick w/ the same size if u get free speakers or some 5.25s go on sale. dont have to go w/ ovals either (5x7, 6x9, etc).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts