Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the stock speaker sizes on a first generation MX-6?? I think they are either 4" ro 4 1/2" up front and 6" or 6.5" in the rear... If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
speaker size

The speaker size is 4 inches in the front and 6.5 inches in the rear. Do you plan on upgrading your speakerz? If so make sure you dont buy too heavy of a speaker in the front because its bolted to the plastic panels. Some 6.5 speakers might require some cutting. I have 2 way Profle 4's in the front and 3 way Audiobahn 6.5's in the rear, which required some cutting because the frame of the speaker was to wide in diameter. If you have any ?'s post them, later.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!!

I am putting Rockford Fosgate speakers in my car.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Any way to mount woofers/subs under the front seats in a way similar to the factory sub under the passenger seat in the LX/GTs?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 88 GT, there is something underneath the passenger seat that I though was a factory amp for the factory speakers. I haven't taken a close look, is that a sub? I guess it doesn't matter anyways I have already upgraded my system to the point where I would like to start on my engine. When your system gets done post some pics, I would like to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GTMx6, I am putting some 4" Rockfords up front, some 6.5" Rockfords in the back dash, and 3/4" tweeters on the A-pillar up in thr front. Also for my bass needs I will be running two Rockford 10" DVC subs in the trunk, both in seperate boxes. Now I just need to look into powering them.. I will be sure to post some pics for you when it is all done...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Rockford is a good choice, I have never heard anything bad about thier products. I will have to borrow my grandfathers digital camera and post some pics of my stereo, it is not to bad for only my 2nd install ever. My first was in a mini van, I built the system cheap and loud. I only spent 1000 Candian dollars and still hit 141 db. Not mind blowing but not bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts