Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone could direct me to a place to find new 6 x 8 speakers for my doors I would sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey, 6x8 are really hard to find...so just look for some good 5x7's...they fit perfect...I got 5x7 Boston Acoustics in my doors, so go for it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6x8 is the EXACT same thing as 5x7. i have boston acoustics 5x7s in my doors and jl audio 5x7s in the rear, both are very nice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have 6x8 pioneers in the back. I got them at best buy open box deal. Highly recomended.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about 6x9s?
guy at bryn mawr told they would fit in any 6x8 application.
anybody have any experience with this??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phoenix Gold XS57

I have 4 Phoenix Gold XS57 5x7's in my car. They rock and there next to impossible to blow. Totally recommend em. As for 6x9's, would those even fit the stock locations?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Infinity

I have Infinity Kappa 6X9s and they hit so hard that my friends think I have a sub. They came with the car so I don't know how much they were, but they are super nice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speakers

I have Infinity Kappa Uni-plane 6 x 8's in both of my openings. They were almost $700 per pair, but they are the best speakers on the market. If you want them, you're going to have to contact Infinity because they don't sell them retail. They have to be specially made. If you don't want to spend that kind of cash, then find something less expensive. These speakers sound epic though.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have 4 6.5in speaker in teh factory holes, u just have to a little custom work do get them to fit just go to a sound shop and aks them to get u hooked up witht eh stuff they will know what to do

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you have to drill new holes for the 6 x 9s to fit? If so is there a danger of damaging the plastic panel above the speakers (inside the car).

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
To fit 6x9's you have to remove the factory speakers and spacers ( there should be spacers under the factory speakers take these to a stereo shop and match them to a 6x9 spacers ) now replace the stock grill ( you needn't ever touch them again ) open the trunk. Hop in. Now mount the spacer to the same holes ( from the bottom this time ). Then mount the new 6x9 spacer to the factory one, then mount your new 6x9s to the spacer and voila!!! Enjoy the BOOM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Infinity Speakers

Are the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I have Infinity's and they're so clear and crisp..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have Boston acoustics 5x7s in my doors and they rock, I would highly advise you to put good speakers in the doors as you will get the clearer sound. I also would run 2 JL 10 inch subs in the back, It works great and wont cost a lot of $$$$. I also like the Sony xm-754hx 4/3/2 Channel Amp. I am working on a deck now but am not sure what kind, Alpine ??.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts