Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
they will be fine. You will probably be quite happy with them. They're not shitty, just not the best...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, for the reply I need to know one more thing how much better are the infinity kappa or infinity refrence than these?
Bryan

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
well.. references keep up with most of the other speakers that are priced in the same range. they put out better highs than lows (relatively speaking). kappas are just gonna make your ears have an orgasm...plain and simple

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys. I think Im gonna get the kappas!
Bryan

·
Registered
3,092 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Macroom

Try Macroom 6" coax or component systems
3" coils neodym magnets inside the coil and very shallow instalation depth the tweeters are 28mm soft domes with an excellent sound.
I use 4" Macrom coaxes in kickpanels with biamping
Crossoverpoint 3000hz the coaxes are assisted by 8" Rockford rfp1408 from 200hz and down to 50hz as subs i use 4 10" Rockford rfp1810
I have 1 Rocford 160x4 wich giving 20w to the tweeters in the Macrooms and 20w to my rear 4" fullrange
and 2 400x4 who`s giving 50w to the midrange part of the Macrooms and 50w to the 8" Rockfords
The subs get 200w each pair (8ohms paralelled)
The systems get signal from a Alpine ai-net unit with 12 disk changer an 2 signalprossesors (pra-h400)

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I were to go with some Kappa components, would I be better of with the 5.25 or 6.5? I'd be running them off an amp (decent power) and have one 10 or 12 in the trunk (no rear speakers...)... Does either fit in the door easily??

·
Registered
84 Posts
dabudah, the factory openings in the 2nd Gen MX-6 are 5x7/6x8" in both the doors and the rear deck. I'd suggest going with the Infinity Kappa Series 5x7" 572.1cf 2-way speakers: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-GHCBKe1fbJg/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=51900&I=1085721CF&o=&a= (this link will take you to these speakers on the Crutchfield website. If you're only gonna put the speakers in the doors, then I'd recommend getting an amp that powers between 60-75watts x 2 channels or a tri-power amp so that you can use the same amp to power the speakers and the sub. I'm sure that if you wanted to put 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" speakers in the doors, it could be done, but the way our speaker holders are designed on the doors, it looks like it could be a difficult modification. I'd say stick with the factory openings.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
6.5" bolt up with no mods..so im told. however these speakers are bolted into enclosures for a 6x8 speaker. with a 6.5" cone, the area that would normally be sealed behind the speaker becomes ambient, thus reducing acoustic quality...

buy the 6x8/5x7 and add a second tweeter if you desire... nothing wrong with 8 tweeters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts