Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are those rivet-like things at the top rear corners of the door windows? I've got one that's a little loose and it rattles when the window isn't rolled up completely. Quite annoying to say the least.

What are these things and can they be snugged up?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
That's what holds the window onto the track. You need those. I had one break on my and the window wouldnt open or close properly. Basically, you can tighten it by pressing your thumb on the face of it and turning the best you can.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Tap a thin hex key into what's left of it, and turn carefully.

G

·
still having problems with mine also..those rivet things can be boughten at a dealer for 8-12$ a piece. without them say bye bye power windows. and it would be better to get them before you fry the master switch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hrmm... A rattle? I have noticed a rattle with my driver side window when it isn't closed all the way. It is odd though. It is like a squeaky type of rattle. Is that the same type of sound that you have?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kenny,

When you hear the rattle, see if you can put your finger on the rivet or pinch it or something... Does it stop?

Mine generally only makes noise when the window isn't all the way up. Your's is likely the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts