Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been researching clutches for a while now and Ive boiled it down to either getting a Spec stage 1 or stage 2. The problem is, theres not much info about the stage 1 floating around. Has anyone here had any problems with it? I wont be running boost, most likely just klze with some bolt ons. Would it be better to just spend the extra 50 bucks and get the stage 2? I dont want a clutch that is too harsh; Id like it to be as close to stock feeling with a lot of grab, as its going to be a daily driver.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Figure it this way.. if you get a clutch that way exceeds your expected torque output, then it'll e a LONG time before you have to change it again no matter how you drive it.

I'd suggest the Stage 2 even if the Stage 1 is over-kill. $50 now to have it last another year or two or more sounds damn good to me. But I'm not a fan of changing my clutch so anything I can do to put it off longer sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Figure it this way.. if you get a clutch that way exceeds your expected torque output, then it'll e a LONG time before you have to change it again no matter how you drive it.

I'd suggest the Stage 2 even if the Stage 1 is over-kill. $50 now to have it last another year or two or more sounds damn good to me. But I'm not a fan of changing my clutch so anything I can do to put it off longer sounds like a good deal to me.
the stage 2 may seem like overkill, but the higher rating for strength should allow it to last longer, especially if you begin to race the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts