Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well theres this guy that always revs at me in his dark green Spec-V. Its got an intake, header and cat-back (maybe more, thats all he told me). I never had a chance to race him cause hes always revin at me when Im going to opposite way as him. Well tonight after the meet at Sonic I was makin my U-turn and I see him and his friend blow by with the Spec-V winning. His friend has CAI, header, cat-back, FPR......it goes on. Well I catch them at a light and wait for the right time to hit it and get in front of him. He then gets on my ass (Spec-V) so I drop it in 3rd and boost it, I take off and put 2cars on him. The civic was following. I go up to 120mph and shut it down because traffic was commin up. I get over and this guy still wants some, I drop it to 3rd again and boost it up to 110mph this time. Still had 2cars on him. My friend said that he was beatin the hell out of his car to keep up. The Civic was havin a hard time just stayin within 2 cars behind the Spec-V.

Had some fun tonight, thats my first race in about a month. Well first race with a fast car.:p

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Good kill Ray :)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
FlySwat said:
3rd gear at 110mph? I'm redlined at 90 in 3rd....
I'm sure he meant raced up untill 110, shiftin into 4th at the time.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure he meant raced up untill 110, shiftin into 4th at the time.
Someones using their brain:p

I shut down the race at 110. I was in 4th at the time

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice kill man:tup: Spec V's aren't that good on top end, due to their low redline, they have good bottom end for an all motor 4 cyl car though.

Juggalo

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spec V's aren't that good on top end, due to their low redline, they have good bottom end for an all motor 4 cyl car though.

I think they have great top end They have great amount of HP and a great amount of TQ. Those have got to be one of the best N/A 4cyl engine around right now.

Those engines are just like the mine (F2T) low redline and makes TQ. My engine doesnt have much top end due to the horrible headflow.

G

·
spec-v's didnt come in dark green....only the base se-r had that color...and most of those came in autos....sounds about right for a fully bolted on base se-r auto.

·
Registered
848 Posts
ncspecv81 said:
spec-v's didnt come in dark green....
Maybe he means the turquise color, it looks green to a lot of people.

I don't think a base SE-R auto w/bolt on's would hang within 2 car length's of a boosted MX-6. It would be several bus length's instead.

·
Registered
264 Posts
there is a kid in my town who has a brand new blue civic si with rims and a cat back exhaust. he goes around town tryin to race everybody because he used to have this REALLY crappy automatic beetle with the big wing and body kit and a "home made" exhaust and i think he ran like a 20 sec. 0-20. anyway would i lose to a new si with said exhaust in my 6? or should i see if he'll be stupid and race my wrx. (just installed new clutch on wrx so im takin it easy on it right now)

·
Registered
848 Posts
wrx6 said:
there is a kid in my town who has a brand new blue civic si with rims and a cat back exhaust. he goes around town tryin to race everybody because he used to have this REALLY crappy automatic beetle with the big wing and body kit and a "home made" exhaust and i think he ran like a 20 sec. 0-20. anyway would i lose to a new si with said exhaust in my 6? or should i see if he'll be stupid and race my wrx. (just installed new clutch on wrx so im takin it easy on it right now)
I've never seen a new (2003+) stock SI get into the 15's, best I've seen is a 16.3, I test drove one, and it was really slow, you can't really feel the VTEC in it, like the 99-00 SI with the B16.

I say if you decide to waste your time and gas on racing him, you will beat him by several football fields.

Juggalo

G

·
Juggalo said:
Maybe he means the turquise color, it looks green to a lot of people.

I don't think a base SE-R auto w/bolt on's would hang within 2 car length's of a boosted MX-6. It would be several bus length's instead.
how much boost? also he used the word dark...the blue color in the spec-v is no where near dark or could ever be confused with any dark color...i would say that an auto se-r with bolt ons is definitely a middish to low 15 second car with good traction.

·
Registered
848 Posts
ncspecv81 said:
i would say that an auto se-r with bolt ons is definitely a middish to low 15 second car with good traction.
How much traction problems can a auto NA 4 cyl have? I really doubt that a auto SE-R w/i,h,e can touch mid 15's:shrug:

Juggalo

·
Registered
89 Posts
It wont. I saw a 2003 spec v with a clutch, i/h/e hit 15.4, at best. It beat my 15.7 mx6 w/ an intake. He popped up his hood, i saw a 2.4 4 banger. Maybe the guy coulnt drive? :shrug: they dont impress me at all. Overrated IMO. but hey it beat me lol

G

·
i/h/e clutch and flywheel running 15.4? haha haha haha haha.....he needs to learn how to drive...thats good for a mid lowish 14 at roughly 95 or high mph....depending on track conditions and weather.....as a rebuttle....i run [email protected] in my spec with i/h/e at 1500ft above sea-level....the quickest mx6 i saw ran a nut busting [email protected] here...but that was the last gen...he was modded.....atleast i/e....not sure of anything else...hard to hear about other mods....but thats 5mph in trap.....from a roll thats a murdering very very very convincing victory.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe he means the turquise color
It was that ugly turquise.........:confused:
how much boost? also he used the word dark...the blue color in the spec-v is no where near dark or could ever be confused with any dark color...i would say that an auto se-r with bolt ons is definitely a middish to low 15 second car with good traction.
It was a Spec-V Im not stupid, its not like it would matter anyway what color it was Spec-V's are like curbs down here................everywhere

Im runnin 14psi on a upgraded turbo.........keep in mind that my car weights about 2860lbs stock. Add subs, rims, me....I guess thats it??

The reason why I said dark cause it was night time, his got his stock rims painted black, and hes also got white front and rear bumpers (yes a body kit) That color is slightly dark too
It was this ugly color

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
some punk in a Spec V tried to race me once... I blew his doors off. I know he had exhaust b/c I could hear/see it. As for other mods... who knows?

:shrug:

They are okay... I just think they are a little overrated. Nissan hadn't made anything to rave over since the 300ZX until the 350Z came out. That was their step child IMO... they tried to hype it up to no avail.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i/h/e clutch and flywheel running 15.4? haha haha haha haha.....he needs to learn how to drive...thats good for a mid lowish 14 at roughly 95 or high mph....depending on track conditions and weather
got some time slips or something to prove that? Low 14s in a n/a 4cyl seems a bit hard to believe? I can see it on a FWD 4cyl f/i car, or even a high powered 4cyl like the s2k which has a RWD setup. Not trying to be an ass... just wanna see some proof :shrug:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Why couldn't a FWD 4cyl, NA car run low 14s?

I can name a good few cars that have hit low 14s or better, modded

Integra GS-R (or Type-R)
RSX-S
Celica GT-S
Prelude

And the myriad of swapped hatchbacks out there

Actually watched a friend go 12.6 all motor a few weeks ago when the socal MX-6 guys went up to Carlsbad. This was on his engine setup for nitrous, so the compression was lower than it would be on a full all-motor setup.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts