Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what the specs were for the first generation GT's and lx's. i've been trying to find specs but had no luck.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I think

I think I remember it right. The 1/4 mile time is about 15 seconds (89mph), and the 0-60 is about 7.5 seconds.

I could be wrong. Someone help out here!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have no idea of the stock LX times but on the stock GT I have seen all different times from different mag. I have see 0-60 as low as 6.9 and as high as 8.0. The qtr times are usually around 15.1 - 15.8 with trap speeds of 89-92.

That's from magazines rating the MX6 GT when it was on sale.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

yeah, since i'm only 16 and have only been reading car mags for about 2 years, i really couldn't trace back to '92. thanks, that has continued to influence me to buy one (a GT)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Oh, I would CERTAINLY say get a GT! They are tremendous fun! To me, nothing is better than the sound of the turbo spooling up, and getting pushed back in your seat when the boost hits. Ahhh, and I'm running STOCK boost. Can't wait for that engine rebuild.
I would suggest being mechanically inclined though, any used car, no matter how reliable is gonna take some work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts