Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the other day I was on my way to work going down my driveway when I noticed that my hold light was blinking.... now the first thing that came to mind was "NOOOOO!!!!!!! :eek:", I figured great my trannys dying on me and I just bought a lap top for school and tuition is about due and there is no way I can come up with the cash to replace it. Well I take my dads truck to work and he takes my car to a mechanic to see what the error code is. Well I was looking for the worst but I thought at least maybe I could do the atx/mtx swap. Well I find out later that day that the error code had something to do with a speed sensor or something and the mechanic said that the only place you could get them was the dealership and that they were really expensive and hard to replace. He then told my dad that if it were him he just wouldn't worry about it. Well I am still worrying about so I was wondering if maybe some of the gurus here could explain what this speed sensor does and tell me if I have anything to worry about. Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my speedometer seems to be acting ok. Could this speed sensor be refering to something else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts