Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the speedo out this afternoon because I was putting superwhite bulbs in behind the cluster (and it looks awesome might I now add!) Anyway, when I pulled the speedo cable out, I had a VERY hard time putting it back in. Is there a trick to this? I took the cable out of the top of the tranny to give me more "slack", but I think when I put it back in the tranny, after I installed it into the back of the cluster, I pulled it back out again, so it doesn't work right now (the speedo, odo, and trip).

Any help would be appreciated. All of my Nissans all have electrical driven clusters for the speedo, so this is my first experience messing with a mechanical speedo. Again, thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
might sound stupid , but DID you hook it up behind the gauge cluster???

did you do it from the top ? I would remove TB Boot for an easy access . cable needs to sit just right(line it up and push down)..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes when I say "behind the cluster" that's what I meant when hooking it up. I have the TB boot removed for easier access...

How would I know if the cAble is "broken".... does this happen? is it common? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i don't think that speedo cable is broken . take a flash light so you can see which way cable needs to be inserted in the tranny and just push that sucker down .

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked that, it's in there the only way it iwll go in, and it's pushed down......

I'm suspecting that it's not in the back of the cluster, but the "cable cover" is connected and secured into the back of it (but the cable itself probably isn't in?)

G

·
I accidently broke the keyed piece on the end of the cable reinstalling it once. Take out your cluster and spin the cable and watch the other end.

All I can say is to double check :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I"ll try that and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts