Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bulbs behind the speedo, are they the 194/168 bulb type?

Are the bulbs clear and the back of the speedo display green? or is the speedo backing (clear) transparent, and the bulbs green? (like the ones in nissans where they have a little rubber green thing over them?)

I hope I'm kind some sense out of that. Basically, I'm wanting to know If I can put a few superwhite's behind there to brighten things up a bit? (I figured I'd ask to see if anyone knew before I start ripping into the dash to figure it out the hard way). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
superwhites may not look the way that you want then to look. I had a friend that put them in his gauges and they came out a frost green color??

I actually took the rubber off the bulb and it gave the speedo sunset orange/redish look. Looked really nice IMO??

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i'm sorry . i said next time search ,but there isn't anything on our dash gauges ans such ...... BE CAUSE oone of our friendly moderators was trigger happy a, and deleted sh!t loads of useful threads in the appearance section ....:(

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
iggypop said:
i'm sorry . i said next time search ,but there isn't anything on our dash gauges ans such ...... BE CAUSE oone of our friendly moderators was trigger happy a, and deleted sh!t loads of useful threads in the appearance section ....:(
Really? We never prune the car areas, that is even disabled to prevent an accident.

~Chris

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try searching, I dare you. :) I looked before I posted this, but I didn't find much (I didn't search extensively this time though :))

EDIT>>> I have the superwhite's in my 180sx gauges in my 240sx and they look great. The first pair did that "green look" beause they were cheap superwhites. The one's in there now are PIAA's 194/168's and they look incredible.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
For future reference, if anybody is searching for dash lighting or illumination or bulb type for guage cluster, then the bulbs used are identical to ones that light up glove box and the pedals. Easier that way than trying to remember all the numbers.
BTW, it goes for the center console too (with manual heater controls).
Oh, and for the spotlights on both sides of rearview mirror aswell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts