Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have one, I would hate to run a new motor without one. anyone have one for sale? :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
what car you need it for?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
89 mx6 gt aws

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I cant get a regular mx6 cable from the junkyard? THAT SUCKS!

·
Registered
819 Posts
So I cant get a regular mx6 cable from the junkyard? THAT SUCKS!
I've heard of people using non turbo cables on turbo models but I don't know how long they will last. I think I've got one part of a turbo cable laying around but I don't think that's going to do you any good.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't think that the "turbo - non turbo" factors in the speedo cable. I might try it for personal knowledge. But just to cover my bases I would still like to find a turbo cable!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a web site that will make me a speedometer cable, $40.00 + $9.00 for shipping. I need to know the length of the cable... Does anyone have that information?

89 Mazda MX-6 GT AWS

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'll look into this tonight if you want me to. I've got a non turbo cable laying and I'll compare it to my spare turbo cable to make sure it's the same. I'll guess that it is and I can also just send you the non turbo cable free in you want it. let me know
THANKS, JOHN

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man that would be fantastic if you wouldn't mind! I'm in Auburn WA 98002

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
the gt/lx cables are different, ur not gonna get a precise reading and it's gonna crap on u real soon, thanks to the torque the gt puts out

·
Registered
819 Posts
the gt/lx cables are different, ur not gonna get a precise reading and it's gonna crap on u real soon, thanks to the torque the gt puts out
I know they are different but I was sending him one so he could compare length and diameter if he was going to have one made.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For 50 bucks I couldn't complain! I just hope it isnt a pain in the butt to install. I have the engine out so I have somewhere to sit, lol. Does anyone have an opinion on how there speedometer cable installation went? All I have heard is negative, I heard the fittings can be a PAIN!

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey im in serious need of a speedo cable for my 88 gt. i only need the top half as my plug broke

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a spare gauge cluster, would it be a dickhead thing to do when I get a new speedo cable if I dialed the odometer back? For the new engine miles purpose...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Seriously? :lol::lol:

I believe the difference is the nylon gear at the base of the speedo cable that is the issue. The amount of torque the car produces has nothing to do with the longevity of the cable. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts