Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.. as many of you know im making projector headlights for my mx6 and well, the cheap driving lights that i bought from big lots use some weird bulb that no one makes a hyperwhite bulb for (size 886). don't get me wrong, these bulbs are bright as hell but theyre just not normal.. so anyway, i really wanted hyperwhite look but couldnt get a bulb so instead i decided to try cellophane colors on the projector lens and it works VERY well. I got a roll of blue and a roll of purple cellophane from party city for 99 cents each and just use 1 layer of each and it gets a nice blue color that makes the light hyperwhite (exactly like those hyperwhite bulbs/true hid). i doubt u guys could really use this method anywhere except for your interior lights since headlights would probably melt it as would fog lights and on clear side markers u coudl see the cellophane. my headlights wont really melt it because its pretty far from the bulb and the lens doesn't get hot neither does anything else in that vicinity. I just cut out cellophane for my dome light and it looks real nice, ill try to take pics of everything as soon as i can.. but anyway dont waste money on hyperwhite small bulbs (194, 168 etc.).. the color is EXACTLY like any hyperwhite wedge bulb (polarg, etc.).. sorry for long repetitive message..

j

·
Registered
71 Posts
[i bought the same lights a few months ago from big lots as well i thought that they were 9006'but then i looked at them and i figured that it was a bastard bulb. well if you get any info on thoes bulbs please inform me
thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey.. there size 886, i know sylvania makes replacements for em if u need it.. i saw em at super walmart and some other store..
jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts